The Bahrain Customs Authorities have implemented changes in the process related to the Certificate of Origin (COO) for shipments destined to Bahrain.
The threshold value (subject to the necessary requirements) is changed as follows:
- For personal shipments, the threshold for COO requirement has been raised from BD500 to BD2,000
- For commercial shipments, the threshold for COO has been raised from BD100 to BD500
Certificate of Origin will not apply to the following cases:
- Personal shipments with a value below BD2,000 and containing presents, samples and any other personal effects provided it is not for commercial purpose
- Movies and Video recordings
- Used items
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Imports of government entities, ministries and authorities
- Personal effects imported for the purpose of living in the country for the first time, subject to compliances by the customs regulation
- Personal effects with travelers, provided it is not for commercial purpose, subject to compliances by the customs regulation
- Commercial shipments that do not exceed the value of BD500, subject to having the country of origin and the name of the product listed on the commercial invoice which should also match what is stated on the product itself
All commercial invoices should include the products’ country of origin and a clear company stamp. Non-adherence to the guidelines and procedures will result in delays, and will be subject to penalties.
Should you require additional information please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service on 800 FedEx (800 33339).