Choosing FedEx, you benefit from the same service quality for imports as for exports, you use the same account number and have the same automated solutions for online shipping on fedex.com.
Manage your imports in 5 easy steps:
- Prepare your Air Waybill
- Prepare your Commercial or Pro Forma Invoice
- Save your shipping documents
- Send the shipping documents to your shipper
- Book a pickup
Download the Import User Manual
1. Prepare your Air Waybill
- Go to fedex.com/ae and select "Prepare a shipment online" from the Ship tab. Enter your FedEx user ID and password.
If you don’t yet have a fedex.com user ID and a password, you can register by completing the online fedex.com Login Registration form.
To register, you will need a nine-digit FedEx account number. If you do not have one, you can open a FedEx account online or by calling our Customer Service.
- Prepare your Air Waybill
2. Prepare your Commercial or Pro Forma Invoice
If you are sending commodities, a Commercial or Pro Forma Invoice may be required for your shipment. It will be created automatically online.
3. Save your shipping documents
To save the Air Waybill or Commercial/Pro Forma Invoice in digital format, select it from the list, click the print button and select a printer to print a digital file (Adobe PDF Writer or Microsoft Office Document Image Printer). Save the Air Waybill or Commercial/Pro Forma Invoice in PDF or TIFF format.
4. Send the shipping documents to your shipper
Send the Air Waybill and Commercial/Pro Forma Invoice to your shipper so he can print and attach the documents to the shipment.
5. Book a pickup
While sending the Air Waybill and the Commercial/ Pro Forma Invoice images to the shipper, ask him to book a pickup when the shipment is ready by calling FedEx Customer Service in his home country/territory. If he has a FedEx account number, he can connect to his local fedex.com site to book the pickup online as well*. Alternatively for most countries/territories in Europe, North America and Latin America, you can schedule the pickup online yourself. Select "Schedule a pickup" from the Ship tab in the navigation menu. If you select this option, you must ensure that:
- The shipment is ready to leave
- You are aware of the shipper’s facility opening hours
- The shipper knows you have booked the pickup on his behalf. You can of course send him the booking reference that fedex.com will provide you.
In case of doubt on any of the above items, we recommend you ask the shipper to book directly the pickup by calling FedEx in his country/territory while sending him the shipping documents by email.
* See availability on fedex.com