FedEx International Priority® Freight
If you have a tight schedule for your international freight shipments, FedEx has a specialized service called FedEx International Priority® Freight.
It’s a tailored, express service for heavyweight or bulky items shipped on pallets, crates or multiple boxes, assuring you of time-definite delivery to your customers in Europe, USA or Asia. From collection to delivery, you can rely on FedEx to ship your Freight quickly, safely and securely, with all the exacting standards of service that FedEx is renowned for.
Your FedEx Contacts
To find out more, call us at Customer Service or Freight Team
What is FedEx International Priority® Freight?
A dedicated service for heavy and bulky international shipments – an express, time-definite, customs-cleared delivery service for heavyweight shipments of between 68 kg and 1000 kg per item.
FedEx has its own fleet of 661 aircraft, 42,000 delivery vehicles and operations at 375 airports. With this unrivalled network, FedEx gives you a dedicated and priority service, speeding your freight to around 130 countries worldwide. FedEx is the vital link in your logistics chain.
FedEx International Priority® Freight covers the main regions of the world.
The service is available to and from more than 130 countries and territories worldwide(1)
Transit Times (2)
|Asia and Latin America
To meet your individual needs and for your convenience, pick-up and delivery can be arranged door-to-door, door-to-airport, airport-to-airport or airport-to-door.
Wherever your freight needs to go, we’ll take it there.
Full track, trace and proof of delivery
To track where your shipment is at any time, simply go to our website fedex.com Tracking. You can find the location of your shipment or get proof of delivery information, including the time it was delivered and the name of the recipient.
Simple booking process(3)
To book in advance a collection of your shipment, just call our Customer Service.
Dangerous goods accepted(4)
With FedEx International Priority® Freight you can ship Dangerous Goods worldwide. Please note that this service is not available for all origins and destinations. For further information, please call our Freight specialists (For UK, Tel: 08456 070809).
On-time express delivery of your shipment, or your money back. The FedEx money-back guarantee demonstrates our confidence that we will meet our delivery commitment.
What can you send?
As much or as little as you like, from 68 kg to 1000 kg for each freight shipment. Please remember that all items must be movable by forklift, and either shrink-wrapped or banded.
- Shipments are allowed with maximum length of 302 cm, width of 203 cm and height of 178 cm*. No girth restrictions apply**
- At least one item must weigh over 68 kg (with a max weight of 1000 kg) or exceed the maximum dimension for FedEx International Priority®.
* Country specific restrictions on dimensions may apply. Please contact Customer Service for exact details.
** Girth restrictions will apply in case country specific dimensions apply. Please contact Customer Service for exact details.
Packing your shipment
- Band all single-piece cargo shipments greater than 68kg on all sides with heavy-duty metal straps or break-resistant banding straps (including for crates and skidded cargo). For freight (with any single piece greater than 68kg) contained within a hardened container (plywood, metal) and not banded, an exterior lock or clamp must be used (glue, nails and screws are not sufficient).
- Distribute weight evenly over the skid
- Stack boxes squarely, corner-to-corner, up to the skid’s edge to maximise compression strength, but do not allow them to hang over the edge of the skid
- Keep the top level of the skid flat to minimise risk of loss or damage to boxes
- Place angled fibreboard between boxes to avoid crushing
- Cover at least the top layer to give better protection from the weather
- Wrap your freight. Pass a minimum of two bands through the skid voids and around all boxes. Banding material can include steel, rayon polypropylene, nylon or polyester strapping
- Individual boxes should include the origin and destination address whenever possible
- Remove or mark-out all old labels
A minimum average weight of 68 kg/unit is applied for billing.
- Expanded International Air Waybill required
- Declared value for carriage must not exceed declared value for customs.
- FedEx no longer applies a limit on customs value for regular international shipments. A limit may still apply depending on destination and commodity shipped. Carriage value is, however, still limited. Please call our Customer Service for information.
Shipping with FedEx - it's easy
Multiple skids (up to 9,999 different items and no more than 10 commodities) shipped on a single Expanded International Air Waybill or automation device label (1 master tracking number) constitute a international multiple-piece shipment (IMPS).
- All IMPS must meet the international express freight acceptance requirements.
- A separate address label must be applied to each skid/unit in a shipment.
- The recipient’s complete name and address must be clearly indicated.
The weight of each individual item cannot exceed the specified limits for the destination country.
To prevent pests found in wood packaging material from spreading across international borders, important regulations must be observed. Wood packaging materials – dunnage, crating, pallets, drums… – must be heat-treated in accordance with a specific time: temperature schedule that achieves a minimum wood core temperature of 56°C for a minimum of 30 minutes. Alternatively, WPM must be subjected to Methyl Bromide Fumigation
Ship to and from these 130 countries with FedEx International Priority® Freight *
blank Country available both as an origin and as a destination
1 Only available as origin country
2 Only available as destination country
3 Dangerous Goods available
Ireland, Republic of3
United Arab Emirates3
Puerto Rico 3
St. Kitts & Nevis2
St. Maarten2 3
Trinidad & Tobago 2 3
Turks & Caicos Islands 2
United States 3
Virgin Islands2 3
find IPF availability and delivery time for your shipment right here on fedex.com, or contact Customer Service for details and restrictions per country.
* Entering origin and destination postal codes, you can