The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Federal Tax Authority (FTA) has published its Value Added Tax (VAT) Law – Federal Decree-Law No. (8) of 2017 along with the Executive Regulations. The law confirms that VAT will be implemented in the UAE on January 1, 2018.
As per Article 65 of the Federal Decree-Law No. (8) of 2017 read with Article (59) of the Executive Regulations, FedEx Express will be required to issue VAT compliant invoices to the recipient of its services. To ensure that invoices include your correct details, and most importantly, your correct Tax Registration Number (TRN), FedEx Express has started the process of collecting VAT information, with a VAT registration details template.
Please download, fill, attach the template and send it to email@example.com along with the supporting documents.
Fill the following information in the template:
- A list of your FedEx shipping account number(s) and the corresponding Tax Registration Number for each account.
- The details of your registered office address as mentioned in your Tax Registration Certificate. FedEx will raise invoices with this address only.
- Attach the Tax Registration Certificate (if available).
- FedEx will consider all Tax Registration details shared through this email address only. If you have not received your Tax Registration certificate, please provide us a copy of it when you receive it.
- FedEx is in process of updating its information technology systems to make necessary provisions to incorporate VAT requirements. A delay in invoicing may occur in January 2018.
- Please email any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org