The Ministry of Customs and Trade has recently announced important changes to the entries that must appear on all Air Waybills (AWBs) for imports into Turkey.
The new regulations, which came into force on 1st June, require that for all dutiable shipments with an invoice value over 75 Euros the following information must appear on the relevant AWBs:
- the first four digits of the relevant Customs Tariff code in the section entitled “ Nature of Goods “;
- a unique Identification Number –
- the VAT number if the consignee is a company;
- the citizenship number if the consignee is a Turkish citizen;
- the passport number if the consignee is a foreign citizen.
It is essential that all of the above information is correctly and fully entered onto AWBs for all imports into Turkey, as failure to do so will result in clearance delays, fines and possible additional charges.
For further information contact Customer Service;