- On the User Profile screen, you may enter the user details, select the user settings, assign the user to a department and assign a specific account used by that department.
- If you are editing a user, click Save to save the information and return to the main Users screen, or click Continue to save the information and continue on to the User Privileges screen.
- If you are inviting a new user, click Invite user to save the information and return to the main Users screen, or click Continue to save the information and continue on to the User Privileges screen.
- If you are creating a new user, click Create user to save the information and return to the main Users screen, or click Continue to save the information and continue on to the User Privileges screen.
- If you want to leave this screen without saving the information you’ve entered, click Cancel. This returns you to the main Users screen.
- For detailed help with the sections of this screen, you may either continue reading on or select one of the following specific topics. You may also click the Help link at the top of each section.
Once you have been through the User Profile, User Privileges, User References and User Defaults screens, you may click Next or Previous to navigate between them.
- Select the Department to which the User will belong. The Department address information and available accounts are then applied to the User.
- The Department settings populate the User Privileges, User References, and User Defaults screens. These settings, however, may be modified at the User level for greater flexibility and control. Refer to User Settings below.
- If you are creating or inviting a User, enter a unique name for that the User, up to 10 characters. User aliases are used when searching for or viewing a User Profile, or when the administrator is running a report.
- If you are editing a User, this field cannot be modified. User aliases can be deleted or deactivated but not modified.
- If you are creating a User, enter the fedex.com User ID and password desired for the user.
- If you are editing a User, only the password can be modified.
- If you are inviting a new User, these fields do not display. The invited User creates this information when accepting the invitation.
Enter or edit the User’s name and e-mail.
- If you are creating or editing a User, enter or edit the User’s address and telephone number. This address should be the default physical location where the User’s packages are being picked up or the return address where the User is located. If the User ships a package from a different location, he/she can change the sender information in FedEx Ship Manager for that particular shipment.
- If you are inviting a new User, these fields do not display. The invited User provides this information when he/she accepts the invitation.
Select an account to assign to the user from the Accounts assigned drop-down menu.
This menu displays the FedEx account(s) available for the department to which the user is assigned. This account is used for billing purposes. Users can only be assigned one account number from the department. You may, however, reassign the user to another department account number at any time.
- Select this option to assign the user the privileges, references and defaults from his or her department without making changes for the individual user. Any changes made to the department settings automatically apply to the user.
- Click View settings to view the Department settings.
Select this option to assign the user the privileges, references and defaults from his or her department as a starting point. You may then go in and make changes to the user’s individual settings. This means, however, that any changes made to the Department settings would no longer apply to the User.
- Regular user (non-admin): select this option for users you would like to be able to view and manage their own personal shipping history for tracking and reporting, but not to see the shipment activity for other users in the company. A regular user does not have access to any administrative functionalities.
- Department administrator: select this option to allow the user to add, update and delete users only within the department(s) for which the user is a department administrator. When you select this option, also select Assign Departments to assign departments for the user to administer.
- Company administrator: select this option to allow central management and control of all Shipping Administration functionalities.
The company administrator is responsible for the following:
- Maintain Department profiles including FedEx account numbers, service options and restrictions.
- Configure privileges and defaults assigned to departments and users.
- Create an unlimited number of users (although no more than 1,000 users per company is recommended).
- Add multiple FedEx account numbers and assign individual users to these accounts.
- Set up references, their requirements and default values at the department and user levels. For added control, administrators can configure reference values that cannot be changed by their users.
- Create customized reports to display the shipping activity of users company-wide. Administrative reports can be viewed online, printed and downloaded.
- Track shipments from within the shipping reports.
- Set up a Central Address Book that can be accessed by users across the entire company. In addition, Users can set up a Personal Address Book and share their Personal Address Book with other users in the company.
This information is provided to you and its use is subject to the FedEx Automation Agreement under which you obtained or have been authorized to use FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com. No warranties are extended and all warranties, including without limitation, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED, regarding this information. Any conflict between this information and the Automation Agreement, or transportation agreement between you and FedEx, or between this information and the FedEx Service Guide will be governed by the Automation Agreement, the transportation agreement and the FedEx Service Guide, in that order. Your use of this information constitutes your agreement to these terms.