Fall 2015 Edition
FedEx has just published its 2015 annual accounts revealing outstanding financial results. Our report also includes details of various strategic decisions and actions designed to provide enhanced solutions and services for our customers as well as to generate increased long-term value for our shareholders.
Here are highlights of our major accomplishments as announced by our Chairman, President and CEO, Frederick W. Smith:
- Following record earnings we’re on target to achieve by the end of 2016 an increase in our operating profit of $1.6 billion over our year-end 2013 results.
- We’ve extended dimensional weight pricing to all FedEx Ground shipments and adjusted fuel surcharge rates to reduce volatility. Our new combined express, ground and freight tariffs now provide our customers with an enhanced overview of all our transportation solutions and more time to prepare their annual budgets.
- Our focus on providing flexible service options to take account of seasonal business, added to industry-leading automation and state of the art package sorting, continues to provide our customers with fast, effective and highly efficient delivery services.
- FedEx Services continues to modernise its IT platforms and introduce more convenient solutions for customers to pick up and drop off packages, giving us lower operating costs plus an enhanced ability to meet shifting market demands and changing customer needs.
- FedEx Express is similarly introducing structural changes to reduce costs, including retiring older aircraft and replacing them with new Boeing 767Fs. These and other initiatives also help us achieve improved efficiency levels for our less time-sensitive shipping services.
- We’ve invested $1.2 billion in new facilities and automation in FedEx Ground to support future growth.
- At FedEx Freight we continue to improve service quality through the use of more efficient shipment routing.
- We are accelerating our use of cutting-edge technology in general so as to deliver even better customer service, as evidenced by our development of FedEx Delivery Manager® which allows customers to personalise their deliveries. This initiative earned FedEx the 2014 CIO Award from CIO magazine, honouring the highest level of excellence in information technology.
- We’ve reduced our environmental footprint and lowered costs by consuming resources more efficiently, resulting in significantly reduced consumption of aircraft fuel and the avoidance of 976,263 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
- We remain wholly committed to corporate social responsibility and to integrating this philosophy into our business activities. We continue to actively support the communities in which we live and work, resulting in the donation of $48 million to worthy causes by FedEx and FedEx team members. We also provided assistance in transporting urgently needed relief supplies to Nepal following the destruction and damage caused by the recent severe earthquakes there.
- We focus more than ever on our People-Service-Profit (PSP) philosophy to provide outstanding service for all our customers. In pursuit of this aim we continue to provide our team members with the best training and tools, a safe, healthy, and inclusive work environment, fair compensation and benefits, opportunities for promotion and proper recognition for jobs well done.
- We’re proud that FedEx was once again named by FORTUNE magazine as one of the world’s most admired companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry. In addition we were named one of the world’s most reputable companies according to the annual Global RepTrak® 100 list released by the Reputation Institute.
To download the Report please click here.