Useful information for all services
Useful Rate and Surcharges Information
For FedEx International Priority® & FedEx International First®, rates are based on the total weight of all packages in one shipment using one air waybill. Any fraction of a kilogram takes the next higher weight.
As of 18 January 2010, shipments where dimensional weight exceeds actual weight are charged according to the following volumetric calculation:
Dimensional weight in kg per package = Length x Height x Width in cm / 5,000.
This dimensional weight calculation for FedEx Express® services applies to Europe, Middle-East, Africa and the Indian Subcontinent (EMEA), EMEA export and EMEA import shipments.
A flat rate applies up to 10 kg and 25 kg for FedEx® 10kg Box and FedEx® 25kg Box respectively. An increment for each additional kilogram is then added.
FedEx International Priority®:
- Maximum 274 cm in length (always the longest side)
- Maximum 330 cm in length and girth combined. Girth = (2 x height) + (2 x width)
Any package exceeding these standard measures is automatically considered as FedEx International Priority® Freight and billed accordingly.
Dimensions are limited depending on the service used. Click here for more information on our services and dimensions.
- Maximum Declared Value*
- FedEx® Envelope / FedEx® Pak: US$ 100
- FedEx® Box / FedEx® Tube / and other packaging: US$ 50,000
*Values may vary according to destination. Check our online Transit Times and Coverage guide for the maximum declared value per destination.
- Carrier Liability
Unless the Sender enters a higher Declared Value for Carriage on the (Air) Waybill and pays the required fee, the liability of FedEx is limited to the higher of a) the amount provided by the applicable international convention; b) € 22 per kilogram; or c) US$ 100 per Shipment. For Shipments using the FedEx 1Day Freight, FedEx Priority Overnight or FedEx Standard Overnight service, the liability of FedEx is limited to the higher of a) the amount provided by the applicable local law; b) € 10 per kilogram; or c) US$ 100 per Shipment, unless the Sender enters a higher Declared Value for Carriage on the (Air) Waybill and pays the required fee. FedEx does not provide cargo liability or all-risk insurance but the Sender may pay an additional charge for Declared Value for Carriage above these limits, subject to an incremental charge of BHD 0.150 per BHD 40.000 declared value.
Specific items such as artwork, film, antiques, glassware, jewellery, furs, watches, etc. are limited to a maximum declared value for carriage of US$ 1,000 per shipment or US$ 9.07 per US pound, whichever is greater. Liability of claims requires notice of claims within strict time limits. FedEx’s liability is subject to strict and detailed terms and conditions.
For further information regarding carrier liability please refer to the Federal Express Conditions of Carriage or your Customer Service representative. Shipments originating outside Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Africa are subject to the FedEx Conditions of Carriage/Service Guide applicable in the origin country.
- FedEx International Broker Select®
Need to designate a specific customs broker other than yours? Simply select the FedEx International Broker Select option and indicate the broker's address and telephone number on the FedEx® International Air Waybill. To find out more, get in touch with your FedEx Sales Executive.
The additional routing surcharge applies when all of the following occur:
- A broker (other then FedEx or FedEx designated) clears the shipment.
- FedEx Express picks up the shipment at the customers broker location and delivers it to the final consignee.
- The consignee’s location is served by a different clearance point than the brokers clearance point.
The surcharge is BHD 0.440/kg with a min. of BHD 4.2
- FedEx Customs Brokerage Services
FedEx Express offers a seamless standard customs clearance process to enable on-time delivery of your goods. We also offer a range of specialized inbound clearance solutions subject to an additional fee (VAT may apply at the applicable rate).
You can find more information on here.
- FedEx Delivery Signature Options
FedEx Delivery Signature Options
Only available on FedEx International Economy®, FedEx International Priority®, FedEx Europe First® and FedEx International First® Services.
FedEx offers the following delivery signature options for shippers:
- No Signature Required (NSR): FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature at the delivery address. If no one is available to sign, FedEx will release the package without obtaining signature
- Indirect Signature Required (ISR): FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:
- From someone at the delivery address; or
- From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address; or
- The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag or utilize FedEx Delivery Manager to authorize release of the package without anyone present.
- Direct Signature Required (DSR): FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address. If no one is available to sign, FedEx will attempt to re-deliver the package.
- Adult Signature Required (ASR): FedEx will obtain a signature from any person of legal age at the delivery address, subject to the provision of a valid ID. If no one qualified to sign is available, FedEx will attempt to redeliver the package. Legal age will vary depending on the destination country and is governed by the local legal age of an adult, not the legal age to purchase specific products (i.e. alcohol)
FedEx Delivery Signature options are available on shipments originating from more than 220 countries and territories destined to the following 61 destinations: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, India, Kuwait, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Island, Cayman Island, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Jamaica, Martinique, Panama, Puerto Rico, St Croix, St. Barthelemy, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos, Uruguay, Venezuela, Canada and United States of America.
- Free except for residential shipments to US and Canada with declared value below USD 500, which are subject to BHD 1/shipment surcharge
- BHD 1.5/shipment except for shipments to US and Canada above USD 500 declared value, which are Free
- BHD 2/shipment
- Fuel Surcharge
FedEx has adopted a dynamic fuel surcharge according to the variation in the price of Kerosene-type-Jet Fuel and reserves the right to assess a fuel surcharge. Please click here for more information.
- Exchange Fee
An additional exchange fee may apply for the conversion of rates in currencies other than the currency in which the payer's account is billed. Please refer to appropriate section (terms & conditions, section 4.8) in our condition of carriage for more details.
- Duties and Taxes
REGARDLESS OF ANY PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS OR PROVISIONS TO THE CONTRARY, THE SENDER SHALL ALWAYS REMAIN ULTIMATELY LIABLE FOR THE CHARGES INCLUDING ANY DUTIES AND TAXES, IF ANY.
Duties and taxes might be due when importing a shipment. They will be billed to the recipient unless otherwise requested by the shipper.
FedEx may advance these fees as assessed by Customs on behalf of the payer. A fee will be based on the advanced amount.
- Value Added Tax (V.A.T.)
All prices are exclusive of VAT. VAT may be applied at the applicable rate.
- Other Surcharges
Extended area service:
BHD 0.16/kg min. BHD 9.0
Inaccessible BHD 0.21/kg (min. BHD 17.00)
Accessible BHD 0.37/kg (min. BHD 25.00)
BHD 0.1/kg (min. BHD 3)
Additional Handling Surcharge – Non-Stackable BHD 70 per shipment
- Minimum Billable Weight
A minimum billable weight applies to shipments packaged in FedEx Express boxes and tubes. The values are defined as follows:
- FedEx Box (all sizes) . . . . . . . . . . . 1kg
- FedEx Tube . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4kg
Effective as of January 21st 2013. Does not apply to FedEx 10kg and 25kg Box.
A minimum billable weight of 68 kg applies for International Priority Freight and International Economy Freight services.
For multiple piece shipments (MPS), each unit will be billed at a minimum billable weight of 68kgs.