How to Complete a FedEx Expanded Service International Air Waybill
The FedEx Expanded Service International Air Waybill can be used for all the services and options available, including FedEx International Priority® Freight, Dangerous goods, Broker Select and Letter of Credit.
The FedEx International Air Waybill includes only the most commonly requested services, such as FedEx International Priority®, FedEx International First® and FedEx 10kg and 25kg Boxes.
Use the brief checklist to make sure you complete every part correctly.
When completing a FedEx International Air Waybill please type or print clearly, pressing hard with a ball-point pen.
Enter the date and your FedEx Account Number, name, phone number, and complete address. If you would like an account or want preprinted waybills, contact FedEx Customer Service.
2. Your Internal Billing Reference (Optional)
Enter your internal reference. The first 24 characters will appear on your invoice.
Enter recipient's name, phone number, complete address (including ZIP/Postal code), and tax ID number. Post office addresses are acceptable to select countries if a telephone, fax, or telex number is used.
4. Shipment Information
This information does not replace a Commercial Invoice on shipments for which that document is required.
- Total packages, weight, dimensions Enter total number of packages in shipment, total weight of shipment (lbs. or kg), and shipment dimensions (length, width, and height in inches or centimeters).
- Commodity Description Enter a complete description of each commodity and indicate if it is for resale or not.
- Harmonized Code Enter the Harmonized System Tariff Number for each commodity in the shipment.
- Country of Manufacture Enter the country where each commodity was produced.
- Total Value for Customs (Required by Customs officials for possible assessment of duties and taxes.) This amount represents the replacement cost or selling price (even if not sold for resale) of the contents of your shipment and must be equal to or greater than the "Total Declared Value for Carriage." This amount must agree with the value shown on the commercial invoice. Note: For information/assistance regarding shipments of high intrinsic value items, call FedEx Customer Service.
- Total Declared Value for Carriage (Required by FedEx to help determine transport liabilities.) This amount represents the FedEx liability for the shipment--limited to US$100 or US$9.07 per pound (US$20.38 per kilo)(or the equivalent in local currency), whichever is greater, unless a higher value is declared at time of tender and a greater charge is paid. This amount must not exceed the "Total Declared Value for Customs" amount.
- For EU Only Tick if goods are not in free circulation and provide a Commercial Invoice.
5a. Express Package Service
Select your desired service for shipping:
- FedEx Intl. Priority Customs-cleared delivery to more than 210 countries typically in 1, 2, or 3 business days.
- FedEx Intl. First Customs-cleared delivery as early as 8 a.m. on the next business day in the US.
- FedEx Intl. Economy Customs-cleared delivery typically in 4 to 5 business days. Available to select locations. Contact FedEx Customer Service for details.
5b. Express Freight Service
Select your desired service for shipping:
- FedEx International Priority Freight Customs-cleared delivery for shipments up to 1,500 lbs. (or 682 kg) typically in 1, 2, or 3 business days.
- FedEx International Economy Freight Customs-cleared delivery for shipments up to 1,500 lbs. (or 682 kg) typically in 5 business days.
- FedEx Intl. Economy Customs-cleared delivery typically in 4 to 5 business days.
Note: A Booking Number is required for freight shipments. Please contact FedEx Customer Service to book shipments.
Note: Not all services are available to all locations. Contact FedEx Customer Service for details.
6. Packaging (Only available with Express Package Service)
Select the packaging used for shipping: FedEx Letter/Envelope, FedEx Pak, or Other Packaging. FedEx 10kg Box and FedEx 25kg Box are unique packaging options allowing you to ship the allotted weight using special pricing and are available for FedEx International Priority only.
7. Special Handling
(Optional) If you would like FedEx to hold your shipment at a FedEx location or would like Saturday delivery, tick the appropriate box. Saturday delivery is available to select locations. Contact FedEx Customer Service for details.
(Required) Indicate whether your shipment contains dangerous goods by ticking the appropriate box.
Note: tick the "Cargo Aircraft Only" box for items that must, according to International Air Transport Association regulations, be shipped on cargo aircraft only. If the shipment contains dry ice, tick the appropriate box.
8. Broker Selection (Optional)
To select a broker other than FedEx, tick box and fill in broker's name, city / country, phone number, and postal code. (Complete this section only when International Broker Select is requested.)
Bill transportation charges to:
Select the desired method of payment for transportation charges by checking / ticking the appropriate box. Not every option is available to all destinations.
- To bill sender, sender's FedEx Account Number must be provided in section 1
- To bill recipient, enter the recipient's FedEx Account Number (if known).
- To bill third party, enter third party's FedEx Account Number.
- To pay by credit card, enter the card number and expiration date.
Note: Credit card payment is only available for dropoff at a FedEx World Service Center.
Bill duties and taxes to:
Select your desired method of payment for duty and tax charges by ticking the appropriate box (same procedure as transportation). All shipments including personal, gift, and "exempt" items can be subject to Customs charges. FedEx cannot estimate Customs charges. If the recipient or third party fails to pay duties and taxes, the sender is responsible for payment.
10. Required Signature
This Air Waybill must be signed and dated by the sender or company representative.
Other Documentation That May Be Required
A Commercial Invoice is required by Customs officials in countries around the world for shipments of most non-document commodities; however, requirements vary by country and according to such factors as size, weight, quantity, value, and origin. For information/assistance contact FedEx Customer Service.
Keep the Sender's Copy (top ply) of this Air Waybill for your records. All remaining plies should accompany your letter or shipment.
Questions? Contact FedEx Customer Service. Not all options available to all locations.