Tips for Return Shippers
As the return shipper, your role is simple — you don’t need to waste valuable time trying to manage changes in returns. We provide the resources for you to easily get returns moving.
How to get your return shipment to FedEx
Here are a few options to help your return package easily reach FedEx:
- Contact Customer Service to schedule a return package pickup. You don’t need a FedEx account number, but you do need to specify that you are requesting a pickup for a return shipment.
- Drop off return packages FedEx® shipping location.
- Use our convenient locator tool to find the nearest FedEx location.
Pickup availability for FedEx® Global Returns
Customers with global return shipments will have three options for pickups:
- Call FedEx Customer Service and request a pickup for a return shipment.
- FedEx Express international shipments: Pickups for returns can be scheduled using only a tracking number or with an account number.
- Schedule a pickup online.
- FedEx Express international shipments: Pickups for returns can be scheduled online if an account number is used here.
- Include the return shipment in a regular scheduled pickup.
Dropoff options for FedEx Global Returns
Customers with global return shipments have the following option for dropping off packages:
- Drop off the shipment at any FedEx location.
- Both FedEx Express and FedEx Ground return shipments can be dropped off at a FedEx Authorized ShipCenter® location.
All international shipments, regardless of value, require a Commercial Invoice. The Commercial Invoice is the basic statement of the seller to the buyer for goods shipped; it ideally represents a complete record of the business transaction between the exporter and the importer with regard to the goods sold. It is the main document used by customs officials for control, valuation, and duty determination. The Commercial Invoice must fully identify the shipment, and serves as the basis in preparing all other documents covering your shipment.
- FedEx Express shipments: Commercial Invoice paperwork is required for most commercial commodities. You must submit one signed original and two copies.