Pack Like a Pro
We understand. You want to get your shipment safely to its destination in the same condition it was sent. You can do your part by reviewing our tips on how to pack and following our detailed packaging guidelines. Please click on the guide below. For more information on packaging and the availability of different products, contact FedEx Customer Service.
Follow the Basics
Choose cushioning of appropriate density and thickness and use enough to fill all void spaces in your shipping container.
Apply at least three strips of packing tape (no duct or masking tape) to the top and bottom sides of the container using the H taping method.
Select an appropriate container that is large enough to accommodate the proper thickness of cushioning material.
Place the shipping label with the recipient's full address on the most visible side of the container away from any folds or seams.
Get the Guides
From general guidelines for packing day-to-day shipments to specific guidelines for shipping specialty items, the guide you need is just a click away.
Auto and Mechanical Parts
Flowers and Plants
UN 3373 Shipments
After more than 20 years in the business we know what it takes to get it delivered.
We know that sound packaging is vital to the swift delivery of your shipment. We have therefore developed our own range of ready-to-use, self-sealing packaging in a choice of shapes and sizes. Each design has proven it's worth many millions of times.
And they're all available free of charge when you give your shipment to FedEx.
You can also order Free FedEx Packaging
|Your Shipping Need||Our Solution|
|Packaging for standard-size and legal-size documents
FedEx® Envelope (window)
Tear- and water-resistant packaging
FedEx® Padded Pak
|Packaging for plans, posters, fabric rolls, charts or blueprints
|Boxes in a variety of sizes
FedEx® Small Box
FedEx® Medium Box
FedEx® Large Box
|Boxes for cost-effective international shipping
Please note that FedEx 10kg Box or FedEx 25kg Box will only be available for your export and import shipments if you agree to pay the fixed 10kg or 25kg rate which will vary depending on the destination or origin. No discount can be applied.
FedEx® 10kg Box and FedEx® 25kg Box
FedEx® 10kg Box
FedEx® 25kg Box
|Packaging to ship noninfectious specimens
FedEx® Clinical Pak
|Packaging for Biological Substance, Category B (UN 3373) specimens
FedEx® UN 3373 Pak
We also have FedEx International Air Waybills, FedEx Expanded Service International Air Waybills and FedEx Air Waybill Pouches. Click here to order.
Express Packaging Tips
To ensure your consignments arrive ontime and in good condition, it is vital you take time to pack & label them correctly.
- Only use rigid cartons in good condition with all edges intact.
- Don't exceed the weight specifications for your box.
- Pack contents in the centre of the carton, cushioned on all sides using polystyrene chippings or bubble wrap. Ensure items that will not fit into cartons or have sharp edges andprotrusions are thoroughly wrapped, with taped corrugated panels or pads.
- If you send liquids check that the cases hermetically sealed. For the shipping of fragile goods we suggest the use of wooden cases and separators inside. Include inside the carton, a document (e.g. business card or letterhead) that carries your address and both your and your recipient's telephone number.
- Tape all seams and flaps well, with pressure-sensitive plastic tape. Tape should be at least 5.1 cm wide, but preferably 7.6 cm wide.
- If finishes could be damaged or soiled in transit, place in protective container.
- Don't ship light weight gift boxes unless packed in stronger cartons.
- Don't ship packages smaller than 18x10x5cm. Instead pack small items into larger cartons.
- Never use cellophane tape, masking tape, string or rope, avoid duct tape and kraft-paper tape for sealing.
Ensure that the address label has both the recipient's and your own address clearly marked.
- Clearly print address and include phone numbers, ZIP or postcode.
- Place all package labels on the same surface of carton's largest size.
- Take care to ensure all labels are securely adhered. When shipping odd shaped items use a securely attached tie-on Air Waybill* tag or pouch.
- Hand write the Air Waybill* number with clear characters.
- Don't cover sender or recipient information.
- Don't place any tape or shrink wrap over labels.
* Please remember that each Air Waybill must be signed twice by the Sender (FedEx Ship Manager users: signature is not required).
- Fragile goods with separators
- Liquids cases hermetically
- Rigid cartons in good condition edges intact
- Contents cushioned on all sides
- All items thoroughly wrapped using polystyrene chippings or bubble wrap
- Tape all seams and flaps well
- Use suitable tape
- Remove old labels
- Sender and recipient address on label
- Sender and recipient details enclosed
- All labels on same surface of carton
- All labels securely adhered
- Proper weight for carton
- Print clearly
Packaging Design and Development Lab
It is all in the packaging
Getting your package to its destination on time is one of the many reasons you choose to ship with FedEx. You may not know the great lengths we go to help improve the design and durability of your packaging.
At the FedEx Packaging Design and Development department, our team provides two primary services for FedEx Express shippers: package testing and customized package solutions.
If you have concerns about the durability of your custom packaging, you can submit it for testing. The testing process takes between four to seven business days and is offered to FedEx customers free of charge.
Each package is tested for manual and mechanical handling. The tests determine if packages are likely to withstand the transport and handling stress created by sorting machines, plane mechanical systems and road conditions.
To pass, your package must successfully go through three rounds of testing:
- The drop test
To demonstrate that a package can withstand shock, it must pass a drop test. If the package fails this first test, it is sent back to the shipper without going through any more testing.
- The compression test
This test determines if your packaging will hold up under the pressure of other package loads.
- The vibration test
We simulate the conditions of a truck and air travel environments to ensure your package will hold up when in transit.
Customized Package Solutions
On average, our Packaging Design and Development team creates 120 design solutions a year. We are proud to have been involved in creating some key packaging solutions that have been adopted as industry standards. Some of our successes include:
- Packaging for the flower industry that adjusts for varying seedling heights.
- Protective, cushioned packages for shipping laptop computers.
For more information, you can direct your inquiry in English via electronic mail to email@example.com. If you would like to have your packaging tested, complete our Packaging Services Application.
Testing Request Guidelines
FedEx can help you protect your valuable shipment by testing the reliability of your current packaging. Use this checklist to help accurately submit your packaging with the necessary application for testing and design.
Application for Packaging Services must accompany the packaged product. This application can be placed outside the box in an additional pouch.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Enter the customer account number at the bottom of the application.
- Mark the appropriate service request at the top right corner of the application.
Note: Choose only one service. All information has to be filled out in English.
Click here to obtain a copy of the Packaging Services Application.
2. Packaging Instructions
No more than three packages will be accepted from a customer at any one time. If the product and its packaging are over-boxed, please note this in writing so FedEx Packaging Design and Development personnel can process the actual package.
3. Address shipment to:
FedEx Packaging Design and Development
2828 Business Park Drive
Building H,Suite 500
Memphis, TN 38118
4. Shipping charges
Simply mark “Bill Recipient” on the FedEx air waybill or shipping label and the shipment will be charged to the FedEx Packaging Design and Development Department. International shipments will move via FedEx International Economy® service.
When requested, packages will be returned free of charge via FedEx International Economy® service. Customer may request return using other FedEx services at their expense.