FedEx Special Shipments
The world of FedEx covers a broad spectrum of shipping services. There are a number of shipments that require special care or that may not be accepted by FedEx, or by the importing or exporting countries. Please contact us for more information.
Materials listed below may require special handling, or may not be accepted:
- Dangerous Goods: A number of items fall under this category such as aerosol sprays, airbags, ammunition, butane, car batteries, cologne, dry ice, fireworks, etc. These items are not allowed for shipment to or from Greece.
- Live Animals: Live animals are not allowed for shipment to or from Greece.
- Perishable Goods: This category includes foods and beverages that require refrigeration or other environmental control. These items are not allowed for shipment to or from Greece.
- Human Body Parts: Human Body Parts are not allowed for shipment to or from Greece.
- Explosives: This is considered a Dangerous Goods item. Dangerous Goods are prohibited for shipment to or from Greece.
- Import shipments containing Liquids: They must be in a sealed container with the name of the substance on the container. Import License from the Greek Consignee may be required depending on the substance.
- Goods in powdered form: They require Agriculture and Fisheries Department clearance. Delays should be expected.
- Money: This category includes any currency, both paper money and coins. These items are not allowed for shipment to or from Greece.
- Personal effects: They are accepted up to 45 US$ (50 Eur) for duty free entry. Higher value shipments may require a formal declaration. This process may require additional clearance time.
- Delivery orders: Handling fees will be charged to the consignee in Greece by the handling agent.
- All shipments from Canada, China, Japan and the United States containing Non-Manufactured Wood Packaging Material (NWPM) of coniferous wood must be treated and marked. If originated in China, the shipment must also have a Certificate of Attestation.