Printable Version FedEx Supports Corporate and Team Involvement in Responsible Citizenship Projects
FedEx recently released 2010 Global Citizenship Update demonstrates how smart collaboration and strategic investments can help connect the world in responsible and resourceful ways while creating economic opportunities at the same time. With the support of its 290,000 team members throughout the world FedEx pursues sustainability and community programmes in a number of areas including disaster relief, environmental sustainability and road safety. Recent examples of responsible corporate citizenship achievements at FedEx Express EMEA and around the world include:
FedEx continuing commitment to environmentally sustainable activities includes:
- the launch of our new generation EarthSmart® programme;
- ISO 14001:2004 certification for our FedEx European hub at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle;
- the inauguration of a state-of- the-art environmental friendly, solar-powered facility in Cologne;
- increased investment in all-electric and alternative drive train vehicles;
- continuing additions to our Boeing 777F fleet to provide reduced carbon emissions while increasing cargo capacity.
FedEx actively supports:
- disaster relief efforts around the world by donating in-kind transportation and other services in support of disaster preparedness programmes;
- investment in road safety educational projects including the Walk This Way scheme in partnership with Safe Kids.
FedEx encourages its team members to provide their time and skills in support of community projects such as FedEx Cares Week, a global volunteer campaign in support of the United Way. You can read more on FedEx Cares Week in the CSR section of this edition of FedEx eNews.
More information about FedEx commitment to responsible corporate citizenship can be found in the online version of the FedEx 2010 Global Citizenship Update at http://about.van.fedex.com/citizenship_report