At FedEx, we believe our success depends upon the dedication of our people. We have developed recognition programs that celebrate the achievements of our people and their commitment to delivering on the values of the company.
From the very beginning, FedEx has operated on the philosophy of putting people first. We’ve grown to become an industry-leading company with a truly global presence by understanding the unique needs of those we serve, and by meeting those needs while exceeding expectations.
We work hard to ensure that FedEx is a Great Place to Work. In fact:
- FedEx has been honoured as one of the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 10 of the past 11 years and was named to the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” Hall of Fame in 2005.
- FedEx has consistently ranked in Fortune’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” and Fortune’s list of “America’s Most Admired Companies” since 2002 and 2001, respectively.
- FedEx Express was ranked the 24th Best Multinational Workplace in Europe 2012.
- FedEx Express was named among Top Five of the “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces” by the Great Places to Work Institute.
- FedEx Express was named Super Eco-Airline of the Year 2012 by Air Transport World.
- We provide tuition reimbursement for FedEx Express employees and offer benefits to part-time employees.
- More than half of our management team has risen through the ranks of the company.
- We firmly believe in recognising our team members who consistently go above and beyond. To recognise the outstanding achievements of our team members, we have implemented a number of recognition programs.
The Five Star
The Five Star award recognises team members who have enhanced service and profitability and exemplified the spirit of teamwork. Managers nominate their team members for this annual award, the highest honour at FedEx.
The Bravo Zulu award, derived from the U.S. Navy signal meaning “well done,” is distributed to individuals within FedEx for outstanding performance beyond normal job expectations. Managers reward employees for outstanding efforts and achievement on the spot. Rewards may include "quick cash" bonuses, theatre tickets, dinner gift certificates, and other gifts of similar value.
Couriers, pilots, meteorologists, customer service agents and package handlers are just of few of the team members who must execute flawlessly to deliver the award-winning service our customers expect. Team members who consistently deliver superior customer service and make each and every FedEx experience outstanding are eligible for the annual Purple Promise awards.
The Humanitarian Award
Whether stopping to help those injured in a car accident or spending a lunch hour fighting wildfires, our team members are annually recognised for going above and beyond through the FedEx Humanitarian Award. The award recognises employees who reach out to others in times of need, exhibiting behaviour that goes above and beyond basic community responsibility.
The Humanitarian Award originated at FedEx Express where through the years, numerous employees have been cited for rushing to the aid of people facing life-threatening situations, personal tragedies and misfortune. These employees, responding with genuine concern for people and communities, reflect the value FedEx places on taking care of others, whether it's a customer or our fellow man.