FedEx Ship Manager™ Software Critical Update
Upgrade to Version 8 (for Version 5 or below)
Please follow the below steps to upgrade your FedEx Ship Manager Software to Version 8.
If you are running FedEx Shipping Software on a company network with a shared database, please contact FedEx Technical Support for assistance.
- Launch FedEx Ship Manager Software with the Windows START button by clicking START and selecting PROGRAMS | FEDEX SHIP MANAGER | FEDEX SHIP MANAGER SOFTWARE.
- Select Database Backup from the Setup menu. The Database Backup screen will appear.
*If your software version is FWST07xx, please backup your database by copying the files "fdxworld.db" and "FDXWORLD.txt" in the directory C:\Program Files\FSM Software\data folder to your Desktop or specified folder.
- Click “BACKUP” to perform a backup of your shipping data to the default backup location.
Note: It is not possible to use the FedEx Ship Manager Software to ship while executing a backup.
- Close your FedEx Ship Manager Software. Download FedEx Ship Manager Software Version 8 (GSMW0860) and save this to your Desktop.
File size: 143MB
Estimated download time*: 10-15 Minutes
*Assuming an internet connection speed of 2Mbps (E1, ISDN-32)
- Run GSMW0860 setup file from your Desktop.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the new version upgrade.
- Select the language for installation and click “OK”.
- Click “Yes” to upgrade to the new version.
- Click “Next” to start the installation.
- Read and accept the terms in the license agreement. Click “Yes” as a Declaration of Consent and then click “Next”.
- Input your organization name, and click “Next”.
- Select “Typical” and click “Next”.
- Click “Install” to start installation.
- Click “Finish” when the installation completes.
If you have installed FedEx Ship Manager (FSM) software on more than one computer, please repeat the above steps to upgrade the software on each computer.