Package Tracking Answers
How do I track (check the status of) a FedEx Ground or FedEx Express package/shipment without the airbill tracking number?
- If you do not have access to a tracking number, you can still track your shipments by using our Alternate Reference Tracking application. For your FedEx Express shipments you may track by reference number.
When will the package arrive?
- Although the Tracking Page can provide up-to-date package status information, we are currently unable to predict the exact delivery time for a particular package. Additionally, security concerns would prevent us from releasing the information.
What does the "status exception code" mean?
- The Status Exception Codes reflect the current status of your shipment. There are up to 10 different codes.
- Pickup Exception - A package was received for a different location than the shipper i.e. a FedEx Drop Box, or the courier made more than one pickup at the location.
- Prerouted Meter Package - A package was processed through a customer's automated shipping software.
- Release Signature on File - The sender or recipient used their option of authorizing delivery of a package with a release signature that FedEx has on file.
- Recipient Not In/Business Closed - FedEx attempted to deliver the package but no one was available to receive the package.
- Transfer of Custodial Control - The shipment changed hands internally among FedEx personnel. This does not necessarily denote a late shipment.
- Commitment Not Due/Not Attempted - FedEx has the package but may not attempt to deliver it until the commitment time.
- PMX - A shipment has been returned to the delivery station for the night because it was undeliverable due to an incorrect address or a recipient was unavailable. In many cases delivery is re-attempted the next day.
- Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay - The shipment is being delayed by the destination country's Customs Authority for processing.
- Received From/Released to an ODA Agent - The package was released to an agent that delivers to extended service locations (out of the primary delivery area).
- Commodity/Dutiable Received at Port of Entry - Your shipment of a commodity/dutiable item was received at the destination country's port of entry. This does not necessarily denote a late shipment.
When I track my international FedEx Express package, I sometimes get information on a package going to a different location, or for one that has already been delivered. Why?
- Some tracking numbers in the FedEx system are recycled, and the Tracking Page may display information from another shipment, in addition to, or instead of yours. To address this concern, FedEx has revised the FedEx Express Tracking Page to request an approximate ship date.
Back to Top