Personal Information Collection Statement
Data Protection Policy
Federal Express Pacific LLC - Macau Branch (the “Company”) recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data of its employees under the Personal Data Protection Act, or PDPA. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes, and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by the Company is accurate, kept secure, and that no unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use occurs.
If you have any queries please consult Manager, Human Recourse Services, Hong Kong & Macau, who has been designated as the Data Protection Officer.
Purpose and Personal Data Collected
From time to time it may be necessary for an individual to provide the Company with his or her personal data for purposes related to employment or prospective employment, including:
- processing an employment application;
- human resources management, such as: planning and implementing staffing and training, promotions, transfers, secondments and other career related matters; reviewing, implementing and administering our employee benefits (such as pensions, insurance and medical benefits); and payroll administration;
- providing employee references;
- departmental communications;
- monitoring compliance with the Company’s rules;
- carrying out a matching procedure for HR-related purposes or in response to a request for a matching procedure from any government departments or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities in Macau or overseas;
- evaluating future re-employment with FedEx; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Such personal data includes, but not limited to, name, gender, marital status, date of birth, citizenship, identification information, social security number, contact details, bank account information, job particulars, salary, benefits, education, prior employment, qualification and experiences, driving license information, pre-employment medical report, and reference check.
Please note that if you are unable to supply your personal data as requested, the Company may be unable to: (a) process your employment application; or (b) provide you with employee benefits or take other actions for your benefit (such as providing your next employer with a reference letter) where use of your personal data is required.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be:
- made available to appropriate persons in our parent and affiliated companies, both locally and overseas (“FedEx Group Companies”);
- supplied to any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative or other services to any FedEx Group Company in Macau or elsewhere. Examples of such persons include: external auditors, medical practitioners, pension administrators, trustees, insurance companies, bankers, actuaries, and any consultants/agents appointed by any FedEx Group Company to plan, provide and/or administer employee benefits;
- supplied with your consent to persons seeking employee references;
- disclosed to government departments or regulatory authorities in Macau or elsewhere, such as the Financial Services Bureau and the Labour Affairs Bureau;
- made available to any actual or proposed purchaser of Company business or, in the case of a merger, acquisition or other public offering, the purchaser or subscriber for shares in a FedEx Group Company;
- made available to third parties in the form of Company marketing materials and/or directories identifying the names, office telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact information for key officers, senior employees and their secretaries, assistants and support staff for promotional and/or administrative purposes; and
- used, disclosed or transferred for any purpose directly related to an individual’s employment or prospective employment with any FedEx Group Company.
Transfer of your personal data will only be made for one or more of the purposes specified above, which may occur either within or outside of the Special Administrative Region of Macau.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Personal Data Protection Act, you may ascertain whether the Company holds your personal data, obtain a copy of the data, and correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request that the Company inform you what type of personal data it holds. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged to offset the Company’s administrative and other costs to comply with your request.
Requests for access, correction or information regarding policies, practices and kinds of data should be addressed in writing to:
Manager, Human Resource Services, Hong Kong & Macau
27/F Nanyang Plaza
57 Hung To Road, Hong Kong
Nothing in this statement shall limit the rights of employees and potential employees under the Personal Data Protection Act.
(Effective as of May 2016)