Data Protection Policy
FedEx recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data under the Personal Data Protection Act. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by FedEx is accurate. FedEx will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use.
If you have any queries please consult Managing Director, Operations, Hong Kong & Macau who has been designated as the Data Protection Officer.
Purpose and Personal Data Collected
Personal data collected from you includes but not limited to, name, contact details (including email address), company name, job title, and payment details.
Such personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- To provide timely, reliable and value-added services to customers including international express transportation, shipment tracking, customs brokerage, account management and billing, supply chain management, information management and technical support, e-commerce, and related services;
- To establish a customer relationship and to communicate with you;
- To process any transactions that you enter into with FedEx and respond to any enquiries you may have;
- To provide, develop, implement, provide and manage services for you, including customer marketing materials and questionnaires that help us enhance our services;
- To assist in law enforcement efforts, collect unpaid debts, perform credit reporting and rating functions, and protect the business interests of FedEx and its business partners and customers;
- To manage and promote FedEx business activities;
- To meet requirements imposed by law; and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
If we do not collect such personal data from you, we may not process your application or provide our services to you.
For our policy on using your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes, please see the section on Direct Marketing below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data will be kept confidential but may, to the extent permitted by laws and where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, provide necessary and minimal amount of such personal data to the following parties:
- Made available to appropriate persons in our parent and affiliated companies (which may be located within and outside Macau);
- Transferred to any person including agents, contractors or third party service providers (within or outside the FedEx group and located within or outside Macau) who provides administrative, marketing, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or other services in connection with the operation of our business and provision of our products and services to you;
- Disclosed to any government departments or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities in Macau or elsewhere, such as the Financial Services Bureau;
- Made available to any actual or proposed purchaser of all or part of the business of FedEx or, in the case of any merger, acquisition or other public offering, the purchaser or subscriber for shares in FedEx or any company within the FedEx group; and
- Used, disclosed or transferred for any purpose directly related to your dealings with any company within the FedEx group.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties, who may be located within or outside Macau.
In addition, we may also use your name and contact details for promotional or marketing purposes (including direct marketing) to send you promotional materials in relation to the following products and services: logistics, transportation and shipping (“Class of Marketing Subject”). The provision of other personal data (such as company, job title, payment details, interests, preferences, browser details, IP addresses, household income range) for promotional or marketing purposes is entirely voluntary.
We may also provide your personal data to third party providers of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects (whether within or outside the FedEx group of companies) so that they can send you promotional materials and conduct direct marketing in relation to the products and services they offer.
Before using or providing your personal data for the purposes and to the transferees set out above, we must obtain your written consent, and only after having obtained such written consent, may use and provide your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL AND MARKETING MATERIAL FROM US, PLEASE INFORM US BY CALLING 28703333, WRITING TO THE ADDRESS BELOW OR SENDING US EMAIL AT APAC_MKTG1@FEDEX.COM. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data that you do not want disclosed.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under the Personal Data Protection Act, you have the right to access and obtain a copy of your personal data, and to correct any personal data that is inaccurate. You may also request that FedEx inform you of the type of personal data that we hold. A reasonable fee may be charged to offset our administrative and actual costs in complying with your access requests.
Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data should be addressed in writing to:
Managing Director, Operations, Hong Kong & Macau
Av. De Marciano Baptista
No. 54/F Edf. Hung On Centre,
R/C. Loja J, Macau
(Effective as of August 2014)