FedEx Global Supply Chain Services
Critical Inventory Logistics Services
FedEx® Critical Inventory Logistics is a comprehensive, end-to-end solution designed to optimize the management of your critical inventory and service parts distribution and returns process. It incorporates a hub-based central stocking location (CSL) and a European wide network of forwarding stocking locations (FSLs) integrated through extensive information capabilities.
- Inventory Management with automated replenishment, plus Tracking and Tracing by order number, part number, serial number, lot number, or by item level detail
- Complete end-to-end inventory and transportation visibility including real-time proof-of-delivery, next flight out and local courier
- Proactive event notification, monitoring, and recovery from the FedEx Command and Control Centre
- Central Stocking Locations are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Synchronized delivery reliability from 2-day to 4-hour delivery, 2-hour service in some areas
- In house customs specialists
- Dedicated Customer Service Team
How You Benefit:
- Enhance customer service (shipments and returns are managed to meet individual distribution requirements)
- Improve inventory management (consistent on-time delivery reduces need for safety stock)
- Optimize transportation costs (choosing the optimal overall transportation solution can reduce costs)
- Reallocate resources (refocuses time and money on core competencies)
- Control cost by ordering what you need when you need it, and have it delivered in time to meet your required level of service
- Mitigate your investments and inventory and infrastructure
Manage your service parts with FedEx for optimum control and productivity.
Consolidating inventory at the FedEx GDC enables cost savings, but that’s not the only benefit. You’ll also gain end-to-end visibility and be able to respond more rapidly to customer orders. That increases inventory velocity, turning assets into profits. With the FedEx GDC and FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics, you’ll have a truly robust capability for planning and aligning inventories, resources and processes with absolutely minimal risk and loss — which will put you well on your way to post-sale success.