Get help with Customs procedures, limitations, and restrictions. Prepare your shipment properly.
All shipments crossing international borders must be cleared through Customs in the destination country prior to being delivered to the recipient. Unless the sender specified a broker, FedEx submits shipments to Customs and other regulatory agencies. It is the sender's responsibility to provide the necessary and correct documentation. Shipments that require more than the FedEx International Air Waybill and Commercial Invoice may require more transit time. If shipments are held by Customs because of incorrect or missing documentation we may first attempt to notify the recipient.
When shipping to Portugal, clearance through Customs depends on whether you're shipping:
- Documents with no commercial value
- Dutiable goods
Certain items are prohibited by Customs for import to Portugal. These items are in addition to items forbidden by IATA. Senders are responsible for making sure that the goods they are shipping are acceptable for shipment to Portugal.
Take note of the following regulations when importing to Portugal.
- The dimensional and weight maximums for import shipments:
- FedEx International Priority: 274 cm (108 in) L, 330 cm (130 in) L & G, 68 kg (150 lb)
- FedEx International Priority Freight: 302 cm (119 in) L, 762 cm (762 in) L & G, 1000 kg (2200 lb)
- An invoice is required for all shipments with a Declared value.
Please see our tips to Avoid Customs problems to gain Customs clearance more quickly. For more information, please contact Customer Help.