[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Shipments Sending to the Asian Games Village and Other Competition Venues
The Chinese government is forcing precautionary measures for express shipments prior to, during and after the Asian Games and Asian Para Games in Guangzhou. The Asian Games will open on Friday, November 12, and will run until Saturday November 27, while the Asian Para Games will run from Sunday, December 12 to Sunday, December 19. The precautionary measures will be in place from early November until late December.
Strict regulations will be enforced on all shipments sending to the Asian Games Village, all other competition venues and designated hotels during the period of the Games. Details are as follows:
- The Guangzhou Asian Games, Asian Para Games Organizing Committee has assigned Guangdong Provincial Postal Enterprise (China Post Guangdong and Guangdong Post Express Logistics Corporation) to handle all pickup and delivery services at the Asian Games Village, all competition venues and designated hotels. No other mail or express companies will be permitted to offer pickup or delivery services at these locations.
- For shipments sending to the Asian Games Village, any competition venues and designated hotels, other express service companies should work with the designated postal enterprises for delivery.
If you have a shipment destined for the control areas, you may consider the following suggestions:
- Call the FedEx Customer Service Hotline to change your delivery address to one that is located outside of the control areas; or
- If you are unable to change your delivery address, you may choose to follow one of the following options:
- Pick up directly from a FedEx station. Please bring with you a company letter of introduction (with the company’s official seal) and your ID card. For customers who need to pay import duties, please also bring the required import duty fee; or
- Call the FedEx Customer Service Hotline to arrange a delivery to a location outside of the control areas where you can collect the shipment from the courier. Please bring with you a company letter of introduction (with the company’s official seal) and your ID card. For customers who need to pay import duties, please also bring the required import duty fee; or
- If you need a delivery within one of the controlled areas, we will transfer your shipments to the designated postal enterprise for delivery. Delivery may experience delays and FedEx will be unable to continue to track the status of your shipment once it is transferred to the designated postal enterprise.
FedEx will do its utmost to make sure your shipment arrives at its destination safely and on time. We will continue to keep you updated with the latest developments and information regarding any changes being implemented during the games.