Support You Need, Right When You Need It
As a FedEx Compatible provider, you enjoy many benefits, including access to a dedicated channel manager who will act as your contact for any support you may need. You also have a support team that can educate you on FedEx and FedEx® solutions as well as walk you through the ins and outs of the FedEx Compatible integration process. This gives you the opportunity to concentrate on increasing your market share and revenues. Feel free to contact your channel manager when needs arise.
Broder Bros. Meets Customers' Changing Needs With FedEx and Agile Network
That shirt on your back? If it's a company golf shirt, a souvenir T-shirt, or a T-shirt from one of the multitude of online shops that sell customized or limited-edition clothing, it probably passed through one of Broder Bros.' distribution or EXPRESS centers. Broder Bros. supplies imprintable apparel and accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors and athletic dealers. And now they're supplying an increasing number of small e-commerce sites as well.
Helping Your Customers Succeed
As a FedEx Compatible provider, you offer the best way to enhance your customers' shipping efficiency without reinventing their business processes. Customers can reduce the cost and complexity of running multiple systems, re-entering information and retraining employees on a new program.
FedEx Compatible Program FAQ
What is the FedEx Compatible program?
The FedEx Compatible Program seeks to develop win-win relationships with third-party software providers to enable their systems with FedEx shipping functionality and to provide industry leading technical support as well as marketing programs to create a competitive advantage.
As a result, the program makes it more efficient and more convenient for customers to ship via FedEx because the FedEx shipping functionality is integrated into the shipper's business systems, making FedEx shipping a seamless part of the shipper's end-to-end process flow.
How does this program benefit customers and FedEx?
Today, customers of all sizes demand integration. With the FedEx Compatible Program, customers can conveniently access FedEx and, in many cases, other transportation carriers through a single, third-party shipping solution that has passed FedEx certification testing. With the FedEx Compatible Solutions Program, FedEx services are available through these systems.
When is a FedEx Compatible solution right for a customer?
A FedEx Compatible solution is right for the customer who:
- Needs to ship with more than one carrier from a single shipping system.
- Has complex, highly customized integration needs.
- Needs features or functionality not available through FedEx proprietary automation.
What does it mean to be a FedEx Compatible provider?
A FedEx Compatible solution means the FedEx functionality within the third-party provider's system has passed FedEx certification testing.
How does a third-party developer become a provider in the FedEx Compatible program?
Following is the process that a third-party developer must complete to become a provider of FedEx Compatible solutions:
- Contact the Compatible Marketing team through the provider form at http://www.fedex.com/us/compatible.
- Channel Manager will explain the program and help the developer complete the necessary legal agreements.
- The provider then submits its software to FedEx for certification testing, including labels, transactions, branding, etc.
- All providers must update their software and complete certification on the new software version annually.
Where do I find a list of FedEx Compatible providers?
What transportation services do the FedEx Compatible providers support?
Certified providers fully support FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery unless they have requested and been granted a waiver for a particular service. Some of the providers support FedEx SmartPost. Many providers offer generic bill-of-lading support for LTL and TL.
Are there minimum volume or revenue requirements for customers to use a FedEx Compatible solution?
Because the customer is providing the hardware, there are no minimum volume or revenue requirements for using a third-party system with FedEx shipping functionality as long as the customer is using a FedEx Compatible solution.
Do FedEx Compatible customers qualify for FedEx Tech Awards®?
Yes, the Tech Awards program supports assisting new and existing customers in purchasing hardware, software, integration and support services to implement a FedEx Compatible solution. For a list of participating Compatible providers, refer to www.fedex.com/us/techawards.
Are customers' discounted rates automatically loaded onto the third-party systems?
Yes, if FedEx Ship Manager Server (FSMS) and FedEx Web Services, support the discount program then the third-party system that uses those technologies will also support the discount. (For example, any provider's system that integrates through FedEx Web Services will support Earned Discounts because FedEx Web Services supports Earned Discounts. On the other hand, FSMS does not support Earned Discounts so any provider who has integrated using FSMS will not support Earned Discounts.) The customer's rates will be automatically downloaded the first time the system dials into FedEx or after a FedEx sales professional makes any rate changes.
How does the customer install FedEx on their FedEx Compatible solution?
If FedEx is not part of the system's standard package, the customer should contact the provider to request installation and activation of the FedEx shipping functionality.
How can I learn more about this program?
Direct your customer to http://www.fedex.com/us/compatible, where they can view a list of all providers or filter the list by selecting some appropriate business needs criteria. After completing the Contact Request Form, the customers will be contacted by the provider(s) selected by them. You can also use the Provider Search tool on this site to find a Compatible solution that is right for your business.
What does a FedEx Compatible provider do?
- Analyzes customer needs and proposes the appropriate solution.
- Sets prices on FedEx Compatible solution software, integration services and possibly hardware.
- Establishes an integration and installation schedule with the customer.
- Completes integration and installation of a customer's new shipping solution, including the FedEx functionality.
- If using FedEx Ship Manager Server, guides the customer through the setup process on the registration web site, which allows the customer to agree to the FedEx End User License Agreements, and returns the customer's meter number for the new shipping solution.
- Configures the customer's new solution with the newly assigned meter number.
- Provides full support for the FedEx Compatible solution.
Following implementation, where does the customer go for technical support?
For technical support, customers utilizing FedEx Compatible solutions can rely on their FedEx Compatible provider to:
- Provide full support for the FedEx Compatible solution.
- Escalate any unresolved customer issue with the FedEx functionality to FedEx technical support.
- Work with the customer to provide annual software updates.