Assign user type
- Regular user (non-admin): Select this option for users who should have the ability to view and manage their own personal shipping history for tracking and reporting, but not that of other users in the company. A regular user does not have access to any administrative functionality.
- Department administrator: Select this option to allow the user to add, update and delete users only within the department(s) for which the user is a department administrator. When you select this option, also select Assign Departments for the user to administer.
- Company administrator: Select this option to allow central management and control of all shipping administration functionalities. The company administrator is responsible for the following:
- Maintain department profiles including FedEx account numbers, service options and restrictions.
- Configure privileges and defaults assigned to departments and users.
- Create an unlimited number of users. (We recommend no more than 1,000 users.)
- Add multiple FedEx account numbers and assign individual users to these accounts.
- Set up references, their requirements and default values at the department and user levels. For added control, administrators can configure reference values that cannot be changed by their users.
- Create customized reports to display the shipping activity of users company-wide. Administrative reports can be viewed online, printed and downloaded.
- Track shipments from within the shipping reports.
- Set up a central address book that can be accessed by users across the entire company. In addition, users can set up a personal address book and share it with other users in the company.
Privileges allow a shipping administrator to set permissions on address books, customize feature settings and define the services and options available to departments and users.
When a user is assigned to a department, the privileges for that department become his or her default settings. To customize privileges at the user level, select Customize privileges, references and defaults in the User Settings section on the User Profile screen.
Set department or user privileges
- Complete the Department Profile or User Profile screen and click Continue. This brings up the Privileges screen.
- Select the privileges you wish to assign to this department or user.
- Click Save to return to the Profile screen or click Next to continue on to the References screen. Note: Once you have been through the Profile, Privileges, References and Defaults screens, click Next or Previous to navigate between them.
- If you want to stop setting privileges and discard the information you’ve entered, click Cancel.
- For detailed help with sections on this screen, continue reading or select one of the following topics. You may also click the Help link at the top of each section.
- Applies to FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Freight® services: This means that the privileges selected will apply when creating shipments for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Freight services.
- Applies to FedEx Express and FedEx Ground services only: This means that the privileges selected will apply when creating shipments for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground services only.
- Applies to FedEx Freight services only: This means that the privileges selected will apply when creating shipments for FedEx Freight LTL services only.
The address book feature is available in FedEx Ship Manager® under the My Lists tab. The following address books are located under the Addresses tab when allowed by the administrator. Refer to Address Book for more information about adding, editing, deleting, importing and exporting addresses.
- Personal address book
Select this option to allow access to the personal address book where users can create and manage up to 2,000 contacts.
- Shared address book
Select this option to allow access to a shared address book created for a subset of users within the company (as opposed to a central address book, below). Up to 2,000 contacts can be stored in a shared address book, along with all of their shipping defaults. A user without administrative privileges cannot add, edit, or delete records in a shared address book.
- Central address book
Select this option to allow access to the central address book where users can access company-wide address information. Users without administrative privileges cannot add, edit or delete records in the central address book. Up to 25,000 recipients can be stored in the central address book, along with all of their shipping defaults.