EEI/SED Service Details
The EEI/SED must meet the following requirements:
- The EEI/SED must be
submitted for shipments from the U.S., Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands
to foreign destinations, between the U.S. and Puerto Rico, and from the U.S. or
Puerto Rico to the U.S. Virgin Islands if any of the following applies:
- Shipments of merchandise under the same Schedule B commodity number are valued at more than $2,500USD and are sent from the same exporter to the same recipient on the same day. Note: Shipments to Canada are exempt from this requirement.
- The shipment contains merchandise, regardless of value, which requires an export license or permit.
- The merchandise is subject to the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- The shipment contains items other than personal, interoffice, or business correspondence, regardless of value, being sent to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia and Montenegro (excluding Kosovo), Sudan, or Syria.
- The shipment contains rough diamonds, regardless of value.
Note: If your U.S. export shipment meets any of the criteria listed above, go to fedex.com/us/sed for more details before you tender your shipment to FedEx.
For more detailed information about the services offered by FedEx, see the electronic FedEx Service Guide.
|Parent Topic:||Shipper’s Export Declaration|