FedEx Express / FedEx Ground Return Label Coding Details
The following coding details apply to FedEx Express and FedEx Ground return labels:
- Return shipments are available in the United States.
- Printed return labels do not expire and are valid for transportation use anytime. However, if the label is more than 255 days old, then the customer will not be able to track the shipment, even though the label is still usable.
- Returns shipments are not billed until a possession scan is initiated by FedEx and the package moves.
- Returns packages are available in FedEx InSight® after the possession scan is received by FedEx systems.
- Returns shipments can be deleted using Cancel Package until a Close is performed, either by using the Close Service for FedEx Ground or the end-of-day Close performed at FedEx for FedEx Express shipments. After the shipping day is closed, returns shipments cannot be canceled.
- All label formats supported by FedEx Web Services (laser and thermal) are available for Returns shipping labels.
- You can tie outbound and Returns shipments together to track both shipments at the same time by using the Returns Material Authorization (RMA) element in both the outbound and return shipment transactions.
- Tying an outbound and returns shipment with the same RMA number also allows you to cross-reference shipping information on your FedEx invoice.
- You can also specify a return and outbound shipping email label. For more information, see Email Labels.
- You can override the shipper address information for a returns shipment by using the Alternate Return Address feature. See Alternate Return Address for more information.
- Rate quotes are included in the reply for a returns shipment.
- Return shipments must be processed as a single piece shipment. Multiple piece shipments are not supported.
|Parent Topic:||FedEx Express / FedEx Ground Printed Return Label|