FedEx SmartPost Return Labels
You can create a return label that can be printed using a variation of the Ship web service. The recipient can then apply this label to the return package as needed and drop the package off at a U.S. Postal Service drop-off location, or their local mail carrier can pick up the package at the home address. No charges are assessed until the label is used. In addition, a Returns Material Authorization (RMA) reference number can be included in your ship transaction. The RMA number prints on the label and can be used to track the return package.
- FedEx SmartPost®
Returns service supports both FedEx SmartPost® Email Return Labels
and FedEx SmartPost® Print Return Labels. You can request shipment
and delivery email notifications. However, ancillary endorsements are not
For FedEx SmartPost Returns, FedEx Ground integrated print and FedEx SmartPost Email Return Label options are available.
- The maximum number of packages allowed for FedEx SmartPost Print Return Label shipments is 999, and 25 for FedEx SmartPost Email Return Label shipments.
- FedEx SmartPost return labels are not available for international destinations.
- Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials cannot be shipped.
- Declared value is not available for FedEx SmartPost return labels. If you wish to declare a value, use FedEx Express or FedEx Ground return label services instead.
- Return labels do not expire.
- Returns shipments are not billed until a possession scan is initiated by FedEx and the package moves.
- All label formats supported by FedEx Web Services (laser, thermal) are available for FedEx SmartPost Returns shipping labels.
- FedEx SmartPost Email Return Labels are not available for U.S. territories and Puerto Rico.
|Parent Topic:||FedEx SmartPost Returns Service Details|