Using a Customizable Section of a Thermal Label
FedEx Web Services provides two thermal label formats that you can customize with either a graphic or text file to prevent the need for creating a custom label. These formats are:
These label types provide a 1-1/2 inch customizable section. This feature is only applicable to the thermal label printed on a thermal printer set to 203 DPI.
The rules for using these label formats are:
- These labels support all FedEx shipping services.
- Only the shipping label can be customized. For example, if you print a 4" x 8" Express shipping label with your logo, the secondary recipient labels will not display it.
- The customizable graphic or text must not exceed 1-1/2 inches high and 4-1/2 inches wide.
- No correction is provided by FedEx. The graphic and/or text prints as it is submitted in the shipping service.
- If all the necessary data for printing the graphic and/or text is not provided (for example: X and Y coordinates), a valid shipping label is returned without the customized data. You must cancel the shipment represented by this label if you attempt to recreate another label with the graphic and/or text.
- Printer restrictions require the position origin at the top left quadrant of the front. Therefore, it is possible for data to start in the customizable section of the label and write down into the FedEx portion of the label (actual thermal label data). If this occurs, your logo or text will be written over with the FedEx label information. You must correct this positioning to use the shipping label.
- The addition of Doc-Tab information to the 4" x 9" label must be configured using the same process as you would use for a standard 4" x 6" Doc-Tab thermal label.
|Parent Topic:||Custom Labels|