- To use the FedEx SmartPost Returns service, shippers must have an account flagged as eligible for FedEx SmartPost Returns and be U.S. based payors. U.S. Dollars (USD) is the only currency that is supported for a FedEx SmartPost shipment.
- Whenever customers request a return label, they must send in the Returns account number also.
- The only packaging type available is the customer’s own packaging.
- Eligible payment types are Bill Sender or Associated Account.
- A prepaid USPS integrated return shipping label, which means your customers don’t have to stand in line at a shipping location to obtain the proper documentation and don’t incur any out-of-pocket expenses.
- USPS daily pickup options of Monday through Saturday, offering your customers convenient access for tendering their package at a local post office, a postal collection box or their own mailbox. Return shippers also can request a free USPS package pickup at www.usps.gov/pickup.
- Coverage to every residential address in the U.S., including P.O. boxes and APO/FPO/DPO destinations.
- Transit times of 2 to 7 business days. This means you can quickly and efficiently cycle returned products back into inventory for faster redeployment into the market — generating revenue and reducing the effects of product depreciation.
- Maximum package weight of 70 lbs.
- No residential or Saturday pickup surcharges.
- Inbound shipment visibility via FedEx InSight®. FedEx InSight email notifications provide timely and automatic status information about your inbound FedEx SmartPost Returns packages and include an estimated delivery date assigned when the FedEx SmartPost origin hub receives the package, enabling you to plan accordingly.
- Visibility for your customers through the tracking or RMA number on fedex.com. With an up-to-the-minute view of their returns, customers are not calling your customer service department for shipment-status updates.
Customer reports via FedEx® Reporting Online. Limit of liability is $100.
|Parent Topic:||FedEx SmartPost Returns Service Details|