FedEx Express International Coding Details
Before you begin coding FedEx Express® International shipping options, note the following:
- FedEx Express International shipments are created using the ShipService WSDL.
- FedEx Express International allows multiple-package shipping (MPS). MPS Express International shipments are associated with one another using a package sequence indicator. For example, if you ship 5 boxes of baseballs to London, the master package label has a package sequence indicator of 1 of 5. All other packages associated with this master will have package sequence indicators of 2 of 5, 3 of 5, etc. The purpose of this type of MPS processing is to ensure that packages grouped together on one Commercial Invoice travel through the FedEx system together and arrive at customs at the same time.
- You may ship both documents and commodity shipments.
- International Freight shipping is available to Puerto Rico.
- For shipments to countries
that accept an Electronic Commercial Invoice (ECI), FedEx Web Services uploads
your commodity information (entered as part of the Ship request) to that
country’s customs clearance center to expedite clearance requirements.
For a list of countries that accept ECI, see Countries Accepting Electronic Commercial Invoices.
- Use FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents to automatically generate copies of customs documents. See FedEx Electronic Trade Documents for more information.
- If you are new to international shipping and need assistance with customs rules, documents, and clearance requirements, go to the https://www.fedex.com/GTM?cntry_code=us Global Trade Manager website that provides the information you need to reduce the time it takes to clear packages through customs.
|Parent Topic:||FedEx Express International Shipping|