FedEx SmartPost Service Details
FedEx SmartPost Service includes the following features:
- FedEx SmartPost is available for shipments originating in the 48 contiguous United States only. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories are not included as origin points.
- The FedEx SmartPost service allows delivery to all 50 United States and the U.S. territories, including PO boxes and military locations (Army Post office - APO, Fleet Post Office - FPO, Diplomatic Post Office - DPO), and Puerto Rico.
- FedEx SmartPost supports customer packaging only. Because FedEx SmartPost employs the USPS for final delivery to residences, packages are subject to USPS restrictions.
- Future Day shipping is available for FedEx SmartPost shipments.
- Saturday delivery is possible by USPS. No FedEx surcharge applies in this case.
- Packages can only be tracked using the Delivery Confirmation Number (DCN) assigned to each FedEx SmartPost package.
- FedEx SmartPost Returns
provides a U.S. to U.S. returns service for all shippers regardless of volume.
Once contracted, a shipper can use any service for their outbound shipping and
still use FedEx SmartPost Returns. Both print and email return label options
are available. Consumers can conveniently return packages from all 50 states,
Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and military locations simply by placing it in
their mailbox, dropping it off at their local Post Office, at a USPS collection
box or handing it off to a USPS carrier by taking advantage of a free package
Note: A separate account number is given for FedEx SmartPost outbound shipments and FedEx SmartPost Returns. If a customer is contracted with return services, they need to use the associate account rollup to a national number.
For Standard Mail, Bound Printed Matter, and Media the following dimensions restriction applies:
- Dimensions: No more than 84" in combined length and girth (L+2W+2H).
- No one dimension greater than 60".
- Minimum dimensions are 6" L x 4" W x 1".
For Parcel Select the following restrictions apply:
- Dimensions: No more than 130" in combined length and girth.
- No one dimension can be greater than 60".
- Minimum Dimensions are 6" L X 4" W X 1".
For more detailed information about FedEx SmartPost outbound shipping and returns, go to fedex.com/us/smartpost.
|Parent Topic:||FedEx SmartPost Shipping|