Dangerous Goods Service Details
The following shipping rules apply to dangerous-goods shipments:
- Dangerous goods cannot be shipped in FedEx Express packaging, except biological substances.
- Many FedEx drop-off locations cannot accept dangerous goods. Use the Locator WSDL to determine locations that accept dangerous goods.
- There are limitations for dangerous-goods shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and many international destinations. Use the RateService WSDL to determine if your destination allows dangerous-goods handling.
- The federal government requires every shipper to have job-specific dangerous-goods training before tendering a dangerous-goods shipment to any air carrier. FedEx sponsors a number of seminars for which you can register online.
- FedEx packaging cannot be used for dangerous-goods shipments. Proper package marking and required documentation must be included before the FedEx courier will accept dangerous-goods shipments.
For more detailed information about the services offered by FedEx, see the electronic FedEx Service Guide.
|Parent Topic:||Dangerous Goods|