Notification Service Details
The following service details apply:
- Send notification of package
state to up to four email addresses.
Note: If the notification request is for an international package, you may identify one of the notification recipients as a broker.
- FedEx services offering this feature are FedEx Express (including intra-Mexico), FedEx Ground, FedEx Cargo (FDXC), FedEx Custom Critical (FXCC), FedEx SmartPost (FXSP), and FXFR (FedEx Freight).
- Shipment, delivery and tendered notifications are available for FedEx SmartPost® Returns. Email exception is not available.
- There are two notification options: 1) Exception notification, such as if an exception occurs during scanning and the package may be delayed, or if an address correction is required, or 2) Delivery notification.
- You must choose between these delivery types: wireless (to a cell phone), text only email, and HTML email.
- A personal message (up to 120 characters) is allowed for email notifications only. This element is not allowed for wireless notifications.
- You may select a valid
language code for your communication. If no language code is indicated in the
service request, the default is English. The following table lists the valid
Value Language Locale Code (required if indicated below) DA Danish DE German ES Spanish (Latin American) ES FR French (Canada) CA FR French (Europe) IT Italian JA Kanji (Japan) KO Korean NL Dutch PT Portuguese (Latin America) SV Swedish ZH Chinese (simplified) CN ZH Chinese (Taiwan) TW ZH Chinese (Hong Kong) HK
For more detailed information about the services offered by FedEx, see the electronic FedEx Service Guide.