Rate Coding Details
When requesting a rate quote:
- Include as much detail as possible about your shipment. The RateService WSDL provides elements to identify your shipment, including shipping option elements. This information is important for calculating the correct shipping costs with surcharges.
- Use the optional RateRequestTypes element to have list rates returned with discount rates. If you choose LIST as the element value, you receive both discount and list rates, in addition to automation rate quotes.
- For Rate (a single service), specify the service to ensure rate data for the service and shipment data input is returned. For Rate Available Services (multiple services returned), do not include the ServiceType. The system will then return a list of services.
- For Rate, specify the carrier by using CarrierCode. For Rate Available Services, specify the carrier to ensure rate data for all services for the carrier and the shipment data combination are returned, or do not specify a CarrierCode to receive all available services from all carriers in the return.
- Use the optional ReturnTransitAndCommit element to include transit time information in the reply. FedEx Express information will include the day and date the package will be delivered, based on the ship date you specified. The FedEx Ground response will describe the number of business days required for the package delivery.
|Parent Topic:||Rate Available Services/Rate Shopping|