Rate Service Details
The Rate and Rate Available Services operations provide a shipping rate quote for a specific service combination depending on the origin and destination information supplied in the request. The following details apply:
- Discount rates are available for all services and origin/destination pairs.
- FedEx list rates are
available for FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx
Freight®, and FedEx National LTL®. When list rates are
requested, both account rates and list rates are returned.
Note: List rates are not available for all FedEx Freight and FedEx National LTL accounts.
- FedEx Freight and FedEx National LTL Shipper accounts can only request rates from origin at Shipper address. FedEx Freight and FedEx National LTL Bill To accounts can request rates from origins other than Shipper address. FedEx Freight East and FedEx Freight West accounts can only request rates from origin in respective regions.
- Time in transit may be returned with the rates if it is specified in the request.
- The Rate operation returns the rate for the origin and destination by requested service. You will not receive service checking to validate whether that service is actually available for your ship date and origin/destination pair.
- The Rate Available Services
operation returns the rate for the origin and destination for the requested
Note: Only valid services are returned.
- Rate and Rate Available Services for FedEx Express shipments support intra-Mexico shipping.
- Rating is available for FedEx SmartPost Shipping. See FedEx SmartPost Request Elements for more details.
- This quote is an estimate and may differ from the actual invoiced amount.
- Rate shopping, service-specific commitment and rate information may also be specified.
For more detailed information about the services offered by FedEx, see the electronic FedEx Service Guide.
|Parent Topic:||Rate Available Services/Rate Shopping|