|More Options for Shipments Classified as Dangerous Goods
FedEx First Overnight®, FedEx First Overnight® Freight and FedEx International First® services provide even faster options for safe delivery of your dangerous goods.
If you're in the business of working with materials classified as dangerous goods or hazardous materials — infectious medical specimens, specialty chemicals, or items used to repair manufacturing equipment or airplanes and large shipping vessels — you know the importance of getting them delivered as quickly as possible. A delay could result in expired contents, a kink in your supply chain or production schedule, and unhappy customers.
To help ensure the speedy delivery of your dangerous goods, we've expanded our delivery options with these services:
- FedEx First Overnight for shipments that need to arrive first thing the next-business-day morning.
- FedEx First Overnight Freight for shipments more than 150 lbs. that need to arrive first thing the next-business-day morning.
- FedEx International First for shipments inbound to select U.S. ZIP codes from more than 60 countries in 1 or 2 business days with early-morning delivery.
- Lithium batteries
- Machine parts with fuel residue
- Medical equipment with infectious substance residue
- Infectious laboratory specimens and test samples
- Flammable liquids
These new delivery options are available when using FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com or paper airbills. You must use a recognized proprietary software system or recognized third-party solution to create the Shipper's Declaration for Dangerous Goods form.
The new options will also be available in the next release of FedEx Ship Manager® Software, FedEx Ship Manager® Server and FedEx Web Services.
Read about additional FedEx® services available for dangerous goods shipments in our Service Guide.
Learn more about the service details for FedEx First Overnight, FedEx First Overnight Freight and FedEx International First.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.