Missed Your Package Delivery?
When your delivery made it before you did, here are four simple and convenient ways you can retrieve it.
As hard as we try, and as much as we'd like it to happen, we just can't be in two places at once. Every so often, you miss your FedEx Express® or FedEx Ground® delivery.
So, what do you do if you weren't at your home or office to accept your package delivery? Here are four next-step options you can take:
- Door tags. Look on your front door for a hanging door tag with information and instructions regarding the package delivery:
- Package(s) delivered. The location of the delivered package is noted, such as with a neighbor.
- Package(s) not delivered. The reason the package could not be delivered is indicated, such as the property’s security restrictions or that a signature was required by the sender. Instructions will be included on the back of the door tag regarding the next steps you can take for redelivery or to request that the package be held for pickup.
- To pick up your package(s) today. You can choose to pick up your package at the FedEx location listed. A government-issue photo ID and the door tag are required.
- Three delivery attempts will be made. If you’re unable to pick up your package, information on the next redelivery date will be posted.
- Track the status of your package. You can check the status of up to 30 packages at one time using these options:
- Tracking number. Go to fedex.com to enter your tracking number, door tag number or order number.
- Reference number. Enter the account and reference numbers of the shipment.
- Email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A subject line is not necessary. In the body of the message, indicate the tracking number for the shipment. Or type "account" followed by a space and your FedEx account number. Then enter your reference number. If you need assistance, contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- FedEx® Mobile. Track the status of your packages directly from your web-enabled smartphone.
- FedEx Desktop. Have the status of your shipments sent to your desktop automatically.
- Reroute your shipment. As a one-time request, you can have your shipment sent to a different address in the same city as what appears on the original shipping label. Simply provide your tracking or door-tag number on fedex.com or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. You can also change a hold-at-location instruction to a courier delivery. Check the Service Guide for fee information.
- Hold at FedEx Location. Redirect your shipment to the FedEx location nearest you so you can pick up your package at your convenience during the FedEx location's business hours. Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 with your tracking or door-tag number or input the information on fedex.com.
If you know in advance the specific day and time you want your package to arrive at your residence, request the sender use one of our FedEx Home Delivery® convenient service options.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.