FXF 100 Rules Tariff
Effective Date March 31, 2014
(Unless otherwise provided, this item is not applicable to shipments using FedEx Freight® Economy service)
- For shipments tendered on or after September 15, 2003, upon request and subject to the terms and conditions of this Money-Back Guarantee, Carrier will, at its option, refund to Customer or credit Customer's account the transportation charges, including accessorials requested by the debtor at the time of service and fuel surcharges, if Carrier fails to deliver a complete shipment by 11:59 p.m. (local time) on the scheduled delivery date, subject to certain exclusions. After 5:00 p.m. (local time), deliveries are late only when Consignee's receiving department is closed.
- Eligibility. Money-Back Guarantee covers all Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) FedEx Freight® Priority direct shipments originating from and destined to all points in the 48 contiguous states that are rated per the current FXF 1000 rate scales or the current FXF SP1, SPT-A, SPT-C, SPT-E, SPT-G or SPT-I rate scales and are shipped pursuant to the Rules Tariff FXF 100. Shipments in lanes subject to frozen tariffs or rates, or foreign tariffs or rates, are ineligible for Money-Back Guarantee.
- Pickup. Shipments picked up no later than 5:00 p.m. local time (check with the local service center, as cut-off times may vary by shipping location) will be delivered by the scheduled delivery date. Money-Back Guarantee does not include missed pick-ups. The scheduled delivery date will be based on the date the pickup actually occurs and not on the date that the pickup was scheduled to occur.
- Deliveries. The scheduled delivery date for limited service zips reflect the day(s) of the week delivery service is planned (i.e., daily service to limited service points is not available - visit fedex.com for transit times on limited service points). Deliveries requiring appointments are eligible for Money-Back Guarantee if the appointment is set for the scheduled delivery date. Carrier does not, however, guarantee an appointment delivery time for shipments on the scheduled delivery date. For a complete list of limited service zips, access www.fedex.com/limitedservicezips
- Money-Back Guarantee Filing Process. Customer may request a refund for Carrier's failure to meet the scheduled delivery date by submitting a request through Carrier's web site or voice response unit (VRU). Customer's complete and accurate request must be submitted to Carrier within fifteen (15) calendar days after the date of invoice. If Customer paid by credit card, cash, check or money order, the request must be made within fifteen (15) calendar days from the ship date. If Customer’s refund request is denied, Customer may appeal the denial by submitting an appeal request through the Carrier’s website or VRU within five (5) business days immediately following the date of the Carrier’s original denial of the refund request.
- Refunds and Credits: If Carrier determines that Customer is entitled to a refund, Carrier will issue a refund or credit to the debtor only. If the Customer has paid the invoice, Carrier will issue a refund to Customer for the applicable transportation charges. If the Customer has not paid the invoice, Carrier will adjust Customer's invoice to indicate that no charges are due for the specific service failure. Carrier will not issue refunds or credits to third parties and/or agencies.
Cash, non-credit and credit hold customers are eligible for Money-Back Guarantee. However, if Carrier determines that the Customer is entitled to a refund, Carrier will not provide an automatic refund. Instead, Carrier will call the Customer to apply the refund to the Customer's credit, if applicable.
- Exclusions. Money-Back Guarantee does not apply to the following shipments:
- Money-Back Guarantee does not cover shipments delivered damaged. Customer must utilize Carrier's claims process to file claims for damaged items. Money-Back Guarantee does, however, cover the transportation charges associated with damaged items delivered beyond the scheduled delivery date.
- The remedies provided in this Item 760 are the sole and exclusive remedies for any claims arising specifically under Money-Back Guarantee. In no event shall Carrier be liable for any consequential, incidental, special or economic loss or damages resulting from its failure to meet the scheduled delivery date, including but not limited to loss of income or profits, regardless of whether or not Carrier knew or should have known that such damages might have been incurred.
- These terms and conditions shall control in the event they directly conflict with the provisions contained in any applicable contract or other applicable tariff item.
- Carrier reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel Money-Back Guarantee at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. Any notices by Carrier of any amendment, suspension or cancellation shall be provided via Carrier’s applicable company website, which shall be the controlling version of the program’s terms and conditions.