- Carrier will advance charges "incidental to the transportation of the shipment", only. The nature of the charges must be stated on the Bill of Lading at the time of shipment.
- When charges incidental to the transportation of the shipment are to be advanced, the following handling charges will apply:
- 6.0% of the amount advanced, subject to a $126.00 minimum charge. These charges will be collected from the Consignee unless prepaid by the Shipper and so noted on the Bill of Lading at time of shipment.
- The term INCIDENTAL TO THE TRANSPORTATION OF THE SHIPMENT includes only the following:
- Inbound transportation charges and cost of preparing immediate transportation entry papers. Ocean transportation charges moving in foreign commerce will not be advanced.
- Charges for in bond or custom house, loading, unloading, warehouse storage and handling, demurrage, wharfage or handling charges on import shipments, Carrier's storage, import handling, packing or crating, or drayage from actual origin to Carrier's service center.
- Charges for broker's fees, or customs or in bond shipments, except charges will not be advanced on shipments transported through the United States as it moves from one foreign country to another.