- Rates and charges published herein, and as may be amended or superseded are in dollars and cents in lawful currency of the United States of America.
- Rates published herein apply per 100 pounds, based upon the actual cube and density of the shipment. Where optional weight or measurement rates are named for any article it is understood that the rate yielding the greater revenue to the Carrier will be assessed.
- Total weight, cube and density will be shown on the original bill of lading when tendered to Carrier at time of shipment.
- Carrier reserves the right to verify the information furnished and make corrections when errors or discrepancies are found. All "metric" dimensions, measurements and calculations will be converted to "cubic feet" for rating purposes. See Item 192 – Calculation of Cube.
- All freight rates and other charges shall be based on the actual gross weight, cube and density. In the event the cube and density are not shown on the bill of lading at time of shipment, Carrier will determine the applicable density by the NMFC description and class, converted to density based upon the National Classification Committee Density Guidelines (See Paragraph 7 herein).
- Except as otherwise provided, if different articles are shipped in the same package, the rate for the highest rated article will be charged for the entire package.
- Dimensional weight in pounds is calculated by multiplying the total cubic feet of the shipment by 1728 then dividing by the dimensional weight factor. The final dimensional weight will be rounded up to the next whole pound.
- Where rates are provided for on articles named herein, the same rate will be applicable on parts of such articles, when so described on the Bill of Lading, except where commodity rates are provided for such parts.
- Rates as named herein apply on cargo which can be handled by hand, or by mechanical fork lift, including commodities on/in pallets, skids and containers.
- When two or more freight rates are named for the carriage of goods of the same descriptions, and the application is dependent upon the quantity of the goods shipped, the charges assessed against the smaller shipment shall not exceed those for any larger quantity.
- A Corrected Bill of Lading or letter of authorization to change dimensions or cube will not be accepted after shipment has been tendered for delivery.
- National Classification Committee Density Guidelines: