- When all or part of a shipment tendered to the Carrier is classified as being a CUBIC CAPACITY AND DENSITY shipment, the minimum charge for the quantity of freight loaded per pup/set will be as follows:
- Carrier will multiply the total cubic feet of the shipment by 4 pounds to determine a "calculated" weight, then multiply the calculated weight by class 77.5 rates from the FXF PZONE class rate tariff applicable at time of shipment for FedEx Freight® Priority shipments or FXF EZONE class rate tariff applicable at time of shipment for FedEx Freight® Economy shipments. No other discount, reduction or allowance will apply. Overflow freight will be charged as a separate shipment and so rated.
- Overflow freight will be charged as a separate shipment and so rated.
- The term CLASSIFIED AS A CUBIC CAPACITY AND DENSITY SHIPMENT refers to any shipment which is greater than 750 cubic feet and has an average density of less than four pounds per cubic foot.
- Average density is based on the total cubic feet of each package/handling unit of the shipment, whichever is greater. If, due to the nature of the package/handling units or per instructions from the Shipper/Consignee, Carrier is unable to load freight on top of the package/handling units or cannot double stack like kinds of package/handling units, a minimum height measurement of 84 inches will be used when determining the cubic footage of the package/handling units. Unitized shipments exceeding 14 linear feet, or shipments of non-unitized freight that are loaded in such a manner that determining the total cube of each package/handling unit is impractical, or Shipments tendered in such a manner that they cannot be transferred, will have the cube calculated on the linear dimensions of the entire shipment.
- When, during one calendar day, two or more shipments are received from one Consignor, at one origin address, destined to one or more Consignees at the same destination delivery address, that combined will be greater than 750 cubic feet and has an average density of less than four pounds per cubic foot, the shipment will be combined as one shipment on one bill of lading, and will be subject to this item.
- Combining of shipments as so stated in paragraph 4 above will not be applicable on shipments of different service types, FedEx Freight® Priority & FedEx Freight® Economy.
- This item will not apply on shipments subject to EXCLUSIVE USE or CAPACITY LOAD rules, or to TL or volume rates and charges.