FXF 100 Rules Tariff
Effective Date January 4, 2016
- A.M. Delivery is the Carrier’s delivery, or attempted delivery of a shipment at or prior to 10:30 AM local time, in accordance with the Carrier’s normal transit standards in effect at the time of the shipment under the terms and conditions set forth in this item 757. The “scheduled delivery commitment” is based upon the transit standards between any two eligible zip codes/postal codes.
- Eligibility: Shipments picked up by 5:00 PM local time for direct point service are eligible for A.M. Delivery at or prior to 10:30 AM local time. The scheduled delivery commitment is based on the date the pickup actually occurs and not on the date that the pickup was scheduled to occur. (i.e., does not cover missed pick-ups). When applicable A.M. Delivery sticker or request is accepted by the Carrier, A.M. Delivery covers shipments to eligible points. To determine if a point is eligible for A.M. Delivery within the 48 contiguous United States, go to www.fedex.com/amfreight or call United States Customer Services at 1-866-393-4585. To determine if a point in Canada is eligible for A.M Delivery: If origin point is in the United States, contact United States Customer Service at 1-866-393-4585. If origin point is in Canada, contact Canada Customer Service at 1-800-567-5567.
- Requesting A.M. Delivery service: In order to request the A.M. Delivery service, the customers must clearly and distinctly indicate “A.M. Delivery” on the face of the bill of lading when the shipment is tendered to the Carrier or must affix the furnished “A.M. Delivery” sticker to the face of the bill of lading.
- Charges for A.M. Delivery service are the debtor’s otherwise applicable net line haul charges for that shipment (the “Standard Charges”), plus $95.00.
- Refund request due to missed service. In the event the shipment is not delivered at or by 10:30 AM on the day of the scheduled delivery commitment, subject to certain exceptions set forth in paragraph 6, and upon request of the debtor only, all transportation charges related to the specific shipment will be refunded to Customer or credited to the Customer’s account at Carrier’s option. To initiate a refund request, the debtor shall notify the Carrier via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date of the scheduled delivery commitment. The email will include the pro number of the shipment in question, debtor’s company name and contact information along with a description of the service failure. If Customer’s refund request is denied, an appeal may be submitted via email to email@example.com within five (5) business days of the Carrier’s original refund request denial. Carrier will not issue refunds or credits to third parties and/or agencies.
- Exclusions to A.M. Delivery: A.M. Delivery does not apply on the following shipments:
- Originating from or destined to any points outside the contiguous United States or Canada.
- Not properly packaged or labeled by the Shipper.
- Delayed due to missing, incomplete or inaccurate documentation.
- Requiring special equipment for delivery, including liftgate, fork lift, crane or other mechanical devices.
- Shipments requiring notification or appointment prior to delivery.
- Shipments that are destined for will call points.
- Shipments for consolidation or distribution.
- Containing hazardous materials that are incompatible with other items on the trailer.
- Involving Volume Services, brokerage, intermodal, spot market pricing or other special programs.
- Shipments subject to Capacity Load (Item 390)
- Shipments subject to Cubic Capacity and Density (Item 613 and/or Item 614)
- Held for inspection or detained by governmental regulation or mandate.
- Shipments moving on Government bills of lading or on shipments where the actual freight charges are to be paid by the government.
- Shipments picked up or delivered at convention or show sites.
- Shipments destined to a non-eligible zip code as set forth on www.fedex.com/amfreight for points in the United States.
- Shipments destined to a non-eligible postal code in Canada, refer to paragraph 2 contained herein for eligibility/contact information.
- Shipments delayed due to customs clearance issues.
- Shipments moving in overnight service lanes into Canada through the FedEx Freight Toledo, OH hub and/or Rochester, NY hub will be excluded from A.M. Delivery. The only recourse to the customer is refunding the additional GAMD fee. For this specific lane exception, please refer to paragraph 2 contained herein for contact information.
- If the failure to meet the scheduled delivery commitment is caused by the Carrier providing protection from freezing service or events beyond Carrier’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God; acts or omissions of public authority; riots, strikes or labor disputes, including those of third parties; government regulations, orders or requirements; disruption in ground transportation as a result of weather or other causes; acts of public enemies or acts of terrorism; disruption or failure of communications or information systems; or acts or omissions of Shipper, Consignee or Owner of goods or any person or entity other than Carrier, the up-charges as shown in paragraph 4 of this item 757 will be subject to the refund process as notated in paragraph 5 of this Item 757, but the Standard Charges will apply without the money-back guarantee.
- The money-back guarantee for A.M. Delivery, as notated in paragraph 5 of this Item 757, does not cover shipments delivered by the scheduled delivery commitment but damaged or short/partial deliveries.
- Carrier reserves the right of recourse against the requestor of the service should the Carrier be unable to collect any applicable A.M. Delivery charges from the debtor.
- The remedies provided in this item 757 are the sole and exclusive remedies for any claims arising specifically under A.M. Delivery. In no event shall Carrier be liable for any consequential, incidental, special or economic loss or damages resulting from its failure to meet the scheduled delivery commitment, including but not limited to loss of income or profits, regardless of whether or not Carrier knew or should have known that such damages might have been incurred.
- These terms and conditions shall control in the event they directly conflict with the provisions contained in any applicable contract or other applicable tariff item.
- Carrier reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel A.M. Delivery at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. In such cases, only the Standard Charges will apply. Any notices by Carrier of any amendment, suspension or cancellation shall be provided via Carrier's applicable company website, which shall be the controlling version of the program's terms and conditions.
- Charges stated herein are subject to applicable fuel surcharges.