- Any shipment which, due to size (height, width or length), shape or weight, requires special permits from the State Highway Department or Departments of States or Cities or Municipalities in which the shipment is being transported, will be subject to the following:
- The purchase cost of such permits and all other expenses necessary to secure such permits and all bridge, ferry, highway, tunnel or other public charges of like nature which are incurred in the handling of any such shipment, which would not normally be required on shipments not requiring permits, will be paid by the Carrier and collected as follows:
- All such expenses or charges, plus a service charge of $164.00 per vehicle per state in which permit is procured shall be collected from the Shipper or party requesting movement of the shipment.
- Except for the service charge of $164.00 per vehicle per state for each permit shown in Paragraph A.1, evidence of payment of all other charges provided for above, shall be furnished to Shipper or party requesting movements of the shipments upon request.
- When a shipment requires more than one vehicle, charges provided here DO NOT apply to vehicles which do not contain articles or commodities requiring such permits.
- Any shipment which, due to size, shape or weight, requires a flagman or flagmen to accompany the vehicle, the rates in B.1 and B.2 will be charged to the Shipper or party requesting movement of the freight:
- For each flagman accompanying the vehicle in or on which the shipment is being transported, a charge of $84.00 per hour (See NOTE 1) will be made.
- For each flagman as escort in a vehicle other than the vehicle in or on which the shipment is being transported, a charge of $99.00 per hour (See NOTE 2) per such other vehicle with flagman will be made.
||Time will be computed from time flagman reports for duty at point and time designated by Shipper or party requesting movement of the shipment, until released, but not to exceed 16 hours in any one day.
||Time will be computed from time vehicle with flagman leaves Carrier's service center nearest point of origin until return to such service center, but is not to exceed 15 hours in any one day.
||Charges for services provided shall also be assessed when such services are furnished because of instructions or information given by Shipper or party requesting movement of the shipment.