- A shipment subject to TL or volume rates may be stopped for partial loading or unloading subject to the following provisions:
- GENERAL PROVISONS - A shipment may be stopped for the purpose of picking up or delivering parts thereof, providing the stop-off point or points are directly intermediate to the point of final destination. (See NOTE 1)
- Stop-offs for partial loading or unloading will not be permitted on shipments moving "COD", "In Bond", "Order-Notify", "Order Card of", nor on which Section 7 of the bill of lading has been executed.
- This item will not apply to any shipment having origin, destination and entire transportation within a single state.
- STOP-OFF CHARGES:
- The initial pickup stop and final delivery stop are not subject to stop-off charges.
- Each stop for partial loading or unloading, will be subject to a stop-off charge of $268.00 per stop.
- LINEHAUL CHARGES - Linehaul charges on shipments stopped for partial loading or partial unloading will be determined on the basis of the truckload or volume minimum weight, or actual weight if greater, of the entire shipment at the truckload or volume rate or charge applicable from the point of initial origin, or from any intermediate point where the shipment is stopped for partial loading to any intermediate point where the shipment is stopped for partial unloading, or to the point of final destination, from and to which the highest charges are applicable. If the linehaul rates are based on mileage, the charges will be determined on the basis of the mileage from the point of initial origin to the final destination via the stop-off points. The greatest mileage between any point of loading and any point of unloading will determine the "initial point of origin" and the "final destination" for the purposes of applying provisions of this rule.
- PREPAYMENT OF CHARGES - All charges must be prepaid or guaranteed by Consignor (except on shipments moving on Government bills of lading).
- STOP-OFF HANDLED IN SEPARATE VEHICLES - For Carrier's convenience, any portion of the shipment may be picked up, transported or delivered in separate trucks and all portions of the shipment need not be transported through the stop-off point or points.
- SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Arrangements for any stop-off service provided in this item must be made with the Carrier before shipment, or any portion thereof, is tendered for transportation.
- Stop-off portions must be sufficiently identifiable and segregated so as to distinguish it from other stop-off portions.
- The entire shipment must be available for pickup at time of tender.
- When the Shipper performs the loading, he must load the shipments in the order required by the Carrier.
- The party or parties authorized and designated by the Shipper to accept freight at a point or place or stop-off may be the same or other than the billed Consignee.
- The shipping order shall designate the following:
- Stop-off point or points and places.
- The quantities, marking and descriptions of articles to be picked up or delivered at each stop-off point and place.
- The name and address of the party or parties from or to which stop-off portions are to be picked up or delivered.
||If the total distance from initial origin to final destination via the stop-off point or points exceeds 115 percent of the shortest mileage from initial origin to final destination, that distance in excess of 115 percent will be charged for at the rate of $8.18 per mile. All mileage shall be computed by use of the PC*MILER.