- When, through no fault of Carrier, freight is held in Carrier's possession by reason or act or omission of Consignor/Consignee or Owner, or for custom clearance or inspection, such freight will be considered stored and the following charges per shipment will apply:
- When freight is held by Carrier:
- $3.42 per cwt. per each 24 hours, subject to the following minimum and maximum charges:
- Minimum charge, LTL, $34.00 per shipment per each 24 hours, but not less than $120.00 per shipment.
- Minimum charge, TL, Volume, Exclusive Use or Capacity Load, $239.00 per shipment.
- Maximum charge, LTL and/or TL, or per pup if more than one pup or if a vehicle is used:
- $239.00 for the first 24 hours or fraction thereof.
- $319.00 for the second 24 hours or fraction thereof.
- $479.00 for the third and each succeeding 24 hours or fraction thereof.
- When freight is placed in a public warehouse:
- $4.78 per cwt. per each 24 hours, subject to the following minimum and maximum charges:
- Minimum charge, LTL and/or TL, $120.00.
- Maximum charge, LTL and/or TL, or per pup or a vehicle if more than one pup is used, $1357.00.
- STORAGE charges will begin accruing at 12:01 AM the first business day following arrival notice (see Item 750 for definition of arrival notice) to Consignor/Consignee, except no charges will apply on deliveries if actual tender of delivery is made within 24 hours after such notice of arrival has been given, nor on day of actual delivery. Storage charges will only be applicable on actual number business days such shipment is stored..
- When a shipment is placed On Hand, storage charges begin the next business day after Notice of Refused or On Hand Freight has been sent.
- DUTY TO MITIGATE DAMAGED FREIGHT: When the Consignee refuses to accept a damaged item which can be repaired or mitigated at a reasonable cost and in the event Carrier is compelled to sell the item at auction or salvage, Carrier’s legal liability, if any, is for the amount realized from such sale, less Carrier’s expenses.
- When a shipment is on hand and disposition has not been received or proper mitigation has not been performed by the specified date shown on the issued notice, freight will be sold at public auction. A fee of $381.00 will apply to cover all handling, administrative and other associated costs.