- What does the global print return label cost?
A charge of $.50 per shipment is applied if the label is used. If it isn’t, no charge applies.
- Is there a minimum volume requirement to use the global returns solution?
No. Whether you have one return or 1,000 returns, the service is available simply by logging in to your chosen FedEx® electronic shipping solution.
- Who can pay for the global return shipment?
Return shipping charges and surcharges can be billed to the original shipper’s FedEx account number or a third party’s FedEx account number.
- Is there an expiration date for the return label?
No, the label does not have an expiration date.
- What international services are available for the global returns solution?
Services available for the global print return label include FedEx International First®, FedEx International Priority®, FedEx International Economy®, FedEx International Priority® Freight, FedEx International Economy® Freight and FedEx International Ground®. Services available for the domestic print return label vary, based on availability per country. Please refer to your FedEx Service Guide for available service offerings.
- What FedEx® electronic shipping solutions support global print return labels?
Currently, FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com supports both the global print return label and the domestic print return label. FedEx Ship Manager® Software, FedEx Ship Manager® Server and FedEx Web Services are scheduled to support the global print return label in late summer 2012.
- Does FedEx offer returns from all countries?
FedEx® Global Returns are available wherever FedEx currently offers outbound service.
When using FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com to create the global print return label and customs documentation, returns service is restricted for returns from the Asia-Pacific region. These countries include:
Australia Indonesia Philippines Brunei Japan Singapore Cambodia Laos South Korea China Macau Taiwan Guam Malaysia Thailand Hong Kong New Zealand Vietnam
- Can I choose both FedEx Express® international services and FedEx International Ground® service for my global return?
Yes, you can use the global print return label with both FedEx Express international services and FedEx International Ground service, where these services are available. You can also pick different shipping services for the outbound and inbound portions of a return shipment. For example, you could choose FedEx International Priority® to ship a package to Canada, then have it returned to you via FedEx International Ground, or vice versa.
- Can I electronically save the global print return label and the customs documentation?
Yes, you can save both the label and the documentation as a PDF and email it to your customer. Please note: The save to file functionality is not supported by FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com.
- Can I use my own customs broker for global returns?
Yes, the FedEx International Broker Select® option is available with the global print return label.
- Can I track the status of my return packages?
Yes, you can track the status of your return packages on our tracking page on fedex.com. In addition, FedEx Advanced Tracking offers the ability to see the connection between the outbound and inbound portions of a return shipment. You can also download FedEx Advanced Tracking reports that will display all of your return shipments — from those shipments that have a print return label created but no movement, to those shipments that have been delivered. Please note: This functionality will not be available until September 2012.
- My customer has questions on the paperwork requirements for the return shipment. Who do they call?
They can call FedEx International Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 (say “international services”).
- What if my customer loses the global print return label and customs documentation?
You’ll need to create a new label and the documentation for your customer. You do have the option to save them as a PDF file that you can email to your customer. Please note: The save to file functionality is not supported by FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com.
- Does the return shipper need to have a FedEx account number?
No, the return shipper does not need to have a FedEx account number in order to ship the return package. The recipient just needs to apply the print return label to the return shipment, along with the customs documentation, and tender the package to FedEx.
- Is pickup service available to my customers for the return shipment?
Your customers can schedule a FedEx® pickup or include the return shipment as part of a regular scheduled daily pickup. Customers can also drop off return shipments at any staffed FedEx location or at a FedEx Express® Drop Box for FedEx Express® return shipments.
- Are the return instructions for preparing a global return available in languages other than English?
Yes, the return instructions are available in multiple languages.