Hazardous Materials Shipping With FedEx Ship Manager
FedEx offers full support for FedEx Ground hazardous materials shipping with FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com – featuring preferences and functionality that make your relevant shipments easy, efficient and compliant.
Use the step-by-step instructions below to find out how to complete a hazardous materials shipment with FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com.
Please note that in order to ship hazardous materials via FedEx, you must be trained, and your account must be enabled.
Be sure to order and use the new, compliant OP-900LL form for laser printers.
In the Preferences section:
- Check the box "Always show Haz Mat Shipper's signature option" to use a typed signature on your OP-950 and OP-900LL.
- Enter your hazardous materials emergency contact (offeror) name and phone number to each shipment.
Create a hazardous materials shipment
- Check the "Hazardous Materials" box.
- Enter the details of your hazardous materials shipment.
- Save time by selecting "Save/Update hazardous commodity profile." This will eliminate the need to re-enter hazardous commodity information.
Print the label and corresponding documents
- Print the shipping label and the corresponding OP-900LL and affix it to your package.
- In addition to the ground manifest that is printed at the end-of-day close process, you will also be required to print an OP-950 for all hazardous materials shipments. This can also be printed from the Shipping History screen. The OP-950 must be provided to the driver upon pickup.