FedEx® International DirectDistribution Ocean Solutions
FedEx® International DirectDistribution Ocean Solutions offers streamlined ocean distribution options from the point of origin to multiple final destination addresses. FedEx Trade Networks® consolidates multiple packages or freight into one ocean shipment to reduce fees and expedite clearance through customs. Individual shipments are delivered directly to customers and retailers via FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx Freight®, FedEx Custom Critical® or FedEx SmartPost.®
- Transit time up to three weeks less than traditional ocean transit time, which increases inventory turns and lowers carrying costs.
- Reduce risk of error, loss or damage with use of the FedEx® network.
- Flexible invoicing and pricing.
- Single point of contact and management of shipment, start to finish.
17 to 30 days from the date of sailing, dependent upon origin and final destination (transit time varies, based on lane and final delivery location).
Air, ground and ocean.
Asia, Europe and select locations in Latin America to multiple destination delivery addresses in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Not all services are available in Canada and Puerto Rico.
Features of service:
Size and weight restrictions: Shipments must meet the criteria of the FedEx operating company handling the final delivery portion of the move.
- Aircraft disk brakes, carbon or black carbon
- Animals, dead or alive
- Articles of extraordinary value (antiques, precious stones, jewelry, works of art, movie films, etc.)
- Automobiles, boats or recreational vehicles
- Bank bills, currency, coins, notes, deeds or drafts
- Biohazards, hazardous materials, explosives, flammables, corrosive materials or firearms
- Biological products
- Commodities improperly or inadequately packaged
- Diagnostic specimens
- Envelopes or wrappers (government stamped) and/or letters
- Fruits, vegetables or perishables
- Household goods
- Illegal substances
- Labor-intensive less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments (a high number of loose pieces, tires, poorly labeled items, etc.)
- Large appliances (refrigerators, laundry machines, etc.)
- Long commodities (carpet, ladders, pipes, etc.)
- Nitrocellulose (except UN 3270)
- Packages leaking or emitting odors
- Personal items
- Postage stamps
- Uncased home/office furniture (also known as "set-up home/office furniture"); call FedEx Trade Networks Customer Contact Center at 1.800.249.2953 to confirm the shipment is not restricted before making shipping arrangements through the FedEx Trade Networks International DirectDistribution Services Team
- Sheet metal products (garage doors, siding, etc.)
- Top-heavy freight
- Used machinery
Final delivery options: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery, FedEx Freight, FedEx Custom Critical or FedEx SmartPost.
FedEx Trade Networks®.
My Global Trade Data, Purchase Order Management System (POMS), FedEx InSight® and fedex.com.