Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the FedEx - USAA Program?
This Program offers eligible USAA members the opportunity to save up to 28% on select FedEx Express® domestic, 36% on select FedEx Express International, and up to 10% on FedEx Ground® shipping. Close this window and click on the "Program Agreement" link in the top right-hand corner for details.
- Who is eligible for this Discount?
To be eligible for the Discount, a participant must be a U.S.-based payor, complete the agreement, be deemed eligible by FedEx, and abide by the Program terms. If your account has discounts of any kind, you are eligible to participate in the FedEx - USAA Program only if your current discounts are removed, and replaced with those available through the FedEx - USAA Program. For Program terms, close this window and click on the "Program Agreement" link in the top right-hand corner for details Any conflict between the Program Agreement and the information on this site is governed by the Program Agreement.
- What is the difference between a personal account and a business account?
Personal accounts are available to anyone who has been assigned a USAA Member Number (within the U.S.). Business accounts are available to:
- Any sole proprietorship owned by a USAA member
- Any general partnership or limited liability partnership in which a USAA member is a partner
- Any limited partnership in which a USAA member is a general partner
- Any professional corporation or professional association in which a USAA member is a member
- Any corporation or limited liability company in which a USAA member is a controlling shareholder or member.
- Which FedEx Express® services are available to USAA members at a discount?
- FedEx Priority Overnight® - Delivery by 10:30AM the next business day to thousands of U.S. cities; by noon to most other areas, and by 4:30PM to more remote locations. Packages and boxes up to 150 lbs. each. Pickup and delivery available Monday-Saturday.
- FedEx Standard Overnight® - Next-business day delivery by 3:00PM to thousands of U.S. cities; by 4:30PM to many other areas. Packages and boxes up to 150 lbs. each. Pickup and delivery available Monday-Friday; only pickup is available on Saturday.
- FedEx 2-Day® - An economical option for delivery within two business days by 4:30PM to most areas within the U.S.; by 7:00PM for residential deliveries. Packages and boxes up to 150 lbs. each. Pickup and delivery available Monday-Saturday.
- FedEx Express Saver® - Delivery within three business days within the continental U.S. by 4:30PM; by 7:00PM for residential deliveries (FedEx may not obtain a signature at residential destinations). Packages and boxes up to 150 lbs. each. Pickup and delivery available Monday-Friday; pickup only is available on Saturday.
- FedEx 1Day Freight® - Next-business day delivery by 10:30AM for most shipments; by noon for many others. No Hawaii service. Advance confirmation required by calling (800)332-0807.
- FedEx 2Day Freight® - Cost-effective delivery in two business days. Delivery by noon for most shipments; by 3:00PM in many other parts of the U.S. Delivery to all 50 states; only available to/from Oahu, Hawaii. No advance confirmation required. Delivery commitment to/from Oahu, Hawaii may vary.
- FedEx 3Day Freight® - Reliable, competitively priced delivery in three business days. Delivery by 3:00PM for most shipments. Available anywhere in the continental U.S. No advance confirmation required.
- What are the savings for FedEx Express services?
FedEx Express discounts vary according to the type of service. USAA Business accounts receive discounts of up to 28% on select services. FedEx Express savings are based on service, zone, and weight. Savings are off the published rate and cannot be combined with any other offer. Savings apply to transportation charges only - not to special handling fees, surcharges, and other charges, including duties or taxes. Once you have enrolled in the program, you can access your customized rates at fedex.com/rates.
- Which FedEx Express International services are available to USAA members at a discount?
The USAA program offers discounts for FedEx Express International services for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and to 210 countries.
- FedEx International Priority® - Door-to-door, customs-cleared service to 210 countries. Time-definite delivery typically in one, two, or three business days.
- FedEx International Economy® - Door-to-door, customs-cleared delivery to major world markets. Time-definite delivery typically in four to five business days (sooner to Canada and Mexico). Packages up to 150 lbs. each; 108" in length; 130" in length plus girth.*
- What are the savings for FedEx Express International services?
For packages shipped from the U.S. to Alaska, Hawaii, and to 210 countries, USAA Business accounts receive discounts of up to 36% off of FedEx International Priority and FedEx International Economy. Discounts are not available for packages shipped from outside of the U.S.
- Which FedEx Ground® services are available to USAA members at a discount?
FedEx Ground is for routine business-to-business packages within the U.S.
- Delivery in one, two, three, four, or five business days to a U.S. business address, depending on distance to recipient.
- Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii in typically three to seven business days.
- Shipments arrive typically by end of day, Monday-Friday.
- Packages up to 150 lbs. each, and up to 108" in length; 130" in length plus girth*.
- Follow Marking Heavy Boxes guidelines for packages 100 lbs.-150 lbs.
FedEx Home Delivery® is a neighborhood-friendly, residential-only service for businesses that deliver large volumes of packages to homes.
- What are the savings for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services?
FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery discounts are 10% off shipments between 16 and 150 pounds, and 5% off shipments between 1 and 15 pounds. Savings are off the published rate and cannot be combined with any other offer. Savings apply to transportation charges only - not to special handling fees, surcharges, and other charges, including duties or taxes
- Where can I find the Terms and Conditions to read?
Click on the "Program Agreement" link in the top right corner to access the terms of the discount program.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my discount?
Please contact 1-800-256-6717 between the hours of 8:30AM EST and 7:00PM EST.
- How long does the discount apply?
The program and the discount will be effective until further notification from FedEx via an email notice, posting on www.fedex.com, or otherwise.
- How does this work with my other discounts?
Discounts under the FedEx - USAA Program cannot be combined with any other FedEx discounts. If your account has discounts of any kind, you are eligible to participate in the FedEx - USAA Program only if your current discounts are removed, and replaced with those available through the FedEx - USAA Program.
- Will I receive my USAA discount when I ship online?
Yes. You can continue to prepare shipments online using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com. Your discount is automatically applied when the FedEx account number you ship under is linked to the FedEx - USAA Program.
- Where can I find my USAA membership identification number?
Please contact USAA Customer Support at 1-877-632-3002.
- Can I still use my existing FedEx account?
Yes. USAA members can continue to ship as they always have. The discounts are tied to your FedEx account and are automatic as long as you ship using the FedEx account linked to the FedEx - USAA Program. Just have your existing FedEx account number ready when you are ready to enroll.
- I have an existing FedEx Express account. Can I use it to ship FedEx Ground shipments?
If you do not currently ship with FedEx Ground and the program you're applying for includes FedEx Ground shipping, we will activate FedEx Ground shipping for your account as you complete your application.
- How do I know if the USAA discounts are greater than my current FedEx rates?
When you enroll you will have the option to sign up for the USAA discounts or keep your existing discounts. You can call 1-800-256-6717 to check to see if the USAA discounts are greater than your current FedEx rates.
- How will I know I received my discount?
You will receive confirmation via email that you are eligible for the discount after registering for the FedEx - USAA Program on this site. You will also receive a Welcome Kit that includes information about your discounted rates.
- Which credit cards will FedEx accept for this discount?
FedEx will accept the following credit cards for the FedEx - USAA Program:
- American Express
- Diner's Club
- Carte Blanche.
The FedEx - USAA Program cannot be combined with any other discounts.
- Who do I contact if I have problems enrolling online?
Please contact 1-800-256-6717 between the hours of 8:30AM EST and 7:00PM EST.
- How do I register to use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
If you are also registering for a fedex.com login when you apply for the FedEx - USAA Program, you will be asked to accept and agree to the terms and conditions for the Discount and fedex.com. When you agree and accept all the terms and conditions, you agree and accept the terms and conditions of FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com to become a registered user. If you already have a fedex.com login, you are already a registered user of FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com.
When you are ready to ship a package, just go to http://www.fedex.com/us and click on the Ship tab in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. Log in with the User ID and Password you selected when you signed up for the Program. Then start shipping.
- How do I ship a package through FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Simply go to fedex.com and click on the Ship tab, which takes you to the login screen. After you've logged into FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com, there are just a few simple steps:
- Complete your shipping label online. (If you've already put a recipient in your online Address Book, select that recipient's name and address from the pull-down menu.)
- Print out the shipping label on a laser or inkjet printer.
- Prepare your package for shipping.
- Drop the package off at a FedEx location, give it to your scheduled courier, or schedule a pickup online.
If you would like to view a short tutorial about FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com, go to https://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/ship_it/interNetShip.
- What are the advantages of using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Any time of the day, you can use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com to:
- Prepare and print domestic and international shipping labels.
- Ship packages via FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Home Delivery.
- Store up to 2,000 frequently used addresses in your online FedEx Ship Manager Address Book.
- Generate an online record of your transactions.
- Request a FedEx Express or FedEx Ground courier pickup online.
- Choose to notify as many as three parties and yourself via FedEx ShipAlert email that your package is on its way or has been delivered.
- Track your package status online - origin to destination.
- Get an account-specific rate quote.
- Are there any timesaving tips for using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
Some of the most convenient tips are:
- Bookmark the FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com login page on your computer to eliminate steps.
- Check the "Quick Login" box so you won't have to re-enter your User ID and Password every time you want to ship a package.
- Use your online Address Book to speed up the time it takes to prepare a shipping label.
- Use the FedEx ShipAlert email to notify you and three others that a package has been sent and delivered.
- Take advantage of the Fast Ship feature which allows you to create a shipping label with just two clicks for repeat shipments of the same kind to the same address.
- How can I learn more about using FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com?
To view all the FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com Frequently Asked Questions and tutorial, go to https://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/ship_it/interNetShip.
- What are the other timesaving features on fedex.com?
You can save time by using the following fedex.com applications:
- Tracking: Check the status of up to 25 shipments, from origin to destination, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Courier Pickup: Schedule a courier to pickup your packages without using the phone.
- Dropoff Locator: Get a map and directions to your nearest FedEx location as well as the latest dropoff times.
- Rate Finder: Determine the cost of sending a shipment from anywhere in the U.S. to destinations worldwide.
- Address Checker: Check the accuracy of your shipping addresses.
- Signature Proof of Delivery: View the recipient's signature online.
- Supplies Online: Order FedEx supplies quickly and conveniently.
- Invoice Online: Review and settle your FedEx invoices online.
- My FedEx: Customize the information you need from FedEx.
- Where do I drop off packages?
FedEx simplifies your shipping by providing thousands of places to drop off shipments - from staffed locations with helpful shipping professionals to convenient self-service Drop Boxes. Drop Boxes are located in office buildings, airports, shopping malls, grocery stores, Kinko's stores, and at select Post Office® locations. To find the closest FedEx® location in your area, go to fedex.com and click on Locations. Or, you can schedule a courier pickup through fedex.com or 1•800•Go•FedEx®, (800)463-3339.