How to make signs and banners work for your small business.
Your business is your everything, whether you’re a one-man band or a retail shop around the corner. The only thing more important than opening your doors every day is getting people in them.
There’s power in using an image to communicate a message. But the beauty of it lies in visualization — the ability we have to create relationships between pictures and words. It’s a known fact that we have a greater chance of recalling something we’ve read or glanced at when we can associate it with an image.
It’s not all in our heads — there’s research to back it up. According to the US Small Business Administration*:
- People often judge a business by how it appears visually.
- Your sign introduces your business and serves as a handshake to those that pass by. Make a lasting impression.
- As one sign industry professional put it, “A business without a sign is a sign of no business.” Increase traffic measurably by just adding a good sign and avoid going out of business simply because you were not easily identifiable by potential customers.
- Signs work around the clock to advertise for you. Make every glance count.
- Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive, form of advertising for the small business.
What kind of sign or banner works for you?
Whether it’s an eye-catching banner outside of your location to promote your grand opening or above your booth at a high-traffic trade show — banners can quickly grab the attention you’re looking for.
For in-store and window signage, backlit LED posters turn average graphics into vibrant images that stand out. For a more affordable option, high quality photo posters can help you display images of your products in-store.
And for small-business owners who are always on the move, take advantage of your mobility by promoting your business everywhere you go. Applying a vehicle magnet to your car is an effortless way to market your business.
With help from our design center team members, customizable templates, or premier design solutions, we can work together to create eye-catching materials that help get your message out.
Whether it’s aimed at street traffic, window shoppers, or in-store customers, your signage is the loudest voice of your business, and our job is to make sure you’re heard.
Find a FedEx Office location near you.
*“Why Do I Need a Sign for My Business?” http://www.sba.gov/content/why-do-i-need-sign-my-business