- Relevance rules. In today’s tough job market, a blanket approach won’t do. Candidates truly interested in a job will take time to include skills and experience that align with the specific job description.
- It’s not a novel. Out of necessity, busy managers tend to scan résumés in a couple of seconds. Short, bulleted sentences that highlight career accomplishments are the résumé reader’s best friend.
- Spell-check and then some. Grammatical errors and typos on a résumé will cause hiring managers to question the applicant’s attention to detail. Spell-check software isn’t foolproof. Candidates should print a hard copy and give it an eagle-eye review before submitting.
- Bold means business. When used sparingly, a bold font makes the most pertinent details of a résumé stand out. "Sparingly" is the key word here.
- Make it screen-friendly. Nowadays, many job applications are initially submitted online, so résumés should be formatted to look good on a computer screen. For job seekers wanting to spruce up their résumés, several templates are available for free on the Web.
- Look good on paper. While most hiring managers will review your résumé online, they still expect a hard copy at the interview. FedEx Office can help you get a professional result.
- Upgrade your résumé’s paper. To truly make an impression, don’t resign yourself to basic printer paper. Premium paper will help get you noticed.
- Print multiple résumé copies. Print and ship your résumé any time, from anywhere. You can even save your résumé for easy re-ordering.
- Create a professional-looking cover letter. A great-looking résumé needs an equally great-looking cover letter. Create a cover letter on letterhead that’s corner-office ready.
*See Terms and Conditions
1Free Shipping Terms and Conditions:
Free FedEx Ground® shipping is valid on FedEx Office Print Online orders of $100 or more. To qualify for free shipping offer, your pre-tax order total must be at least $100 after any other promotional discounts or special account pricing is applied. Discount applies to orders placed online only. Offer begins 3/23/13. Depending on order size, FedEx Office will produce and ship most orders to be delivered within 2-business-days from the day the order is submitted. Free shipping does not apply on orders placed through special instructions and can only be delivered to one address. Recipient addresses must be in the contiguous United States only. Free shipping is not available for customers using their own FedEx shipping account for delivery. Offer is valid at time of purchase only, no cash value and may not be discounted or credited toward past or future purchases. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Free shipping is not available for deliveries to AK, HI or PR. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.